Monday, January 15, 2007

Jan 15

Dear Grandma and Grandpa,

I am talking a lot now, and impressing people with my sentences. Elliot came in laughing to Mommy the other day and told her that I was in the other room playing with my popper and suddenly I said, "Popper, get dressed, NOW!!" I need someone to boss around too. We've been working on wearing panties this week but it hasn't been very successful. I'm getting very good at letting Mommy know when they are already soaked. It has been very cold and I've been staying inside to play. Emma and Grace introduced me to the movie Mulan, so that's part of my movie rotation now. I still love to go to the basement and make cakes in my little kitchen. I also really like to play with the marble run I got for Christmas. Baby Matthew was here last night and he slept in my crib. I'm going to be very glad to sleep in my own bed tonight. We've got a routine where we read stories in the rocking chair and then I get to turn off the light and Mommy or Daddy turns on my music and I lay down on their shoulders for a minute and then they tuck me into bed along with the two baby dolls I got for Christmas. First comes my soft blankie and then two other blankies, and we have to count- one blankie, two blankie, three blankies. As you can see, the delicate balance achieved by this routine is easily disrupted.

Love,

Cecily

Dear Grandma and Grandpa,

On THursday night I slept over at Emma's house. It was fun. We watched a movie, Full House. I slept on a inflated thing. I got to play with Nathaniel on Friday. It was fun. We filled the whole marble run up with marbles and we did science experiments with his book he got at the library and we played war with the marbles and the war guys. I had basketball practice. We worked on layups and passing it and the other person passing it back and we worked on screens and we had a basketball game against the Wildcats and we started out in the first minutes of the game with like four minutes on the clock til the first quarter was over and the score was 12 to 6, they were winning and then they got a two-pointer and it was 14 to 6 and then we came on in the second half, and we really played our hardest and we caught up to them and we were even ahead of them 16-18 and then I was out for the fourth quarter and they pulled ahead of us and won 24-21. But we still played a good game and our next game is against the Thunderbirds and the Broncos beat the Thunderbirds because they were just leaving and we saw the score. The Broncos won 32-16 so maybe the Broncos are really good or maybe the Thunderbirds are not so good. I played at Freddy's house on Saturday and we forgot to go put I got to play from 3-6 instead of 1-4 because we planned 1-4. Audrey came down and told us, "ELliot, aren't you supposed to go to Freddy's house," and I was like, "Yah, I"m waiting for 1 o'clock" and then we looked at the clock and we were like "Aghhhhh!" so we hurried over there. We played pool a few times and played soccer a few times and I ate at their house and I didn't want to go so we missed our cousins Jacob and Kara and Emma and Grace and Jonah because Jacob and Kara wanted to go on a date and I made us late to babysit. It was fun at Freddy's, though. Andrew got lost because he was over at a friend's house sleeping over at a friend's house and the police came up here and looked all over the neighborhood and woke us up and finally found him at a friend's house that doesn't live around here. MOm and Dad said not to go anywhere without telling your parents. We went skiing today and it was fun. I worked really hard. I got hurt one time because I twisted my knee but I was alright and I was really good when we practiced stopping real quick but I fell down a few times but Audrey wasn't really trying- I was trying every hill. It was fun skiing. Love you. Miss you.

Elliot

Dear Grandma and Grandpa,

I gave a talk Sunday about Good Works because it was for New Beginnings but they were going to do it in March but they decided to do it last week and only gave us one week to prepare. It went well except I forgot to say "in the name Jesus Christ Amen". A lot of people told me that I did a good job while I was in Sunday School, they went to us and said "you did a good job and you did a good job and you did a good job" when they should have said, "you all did a good job". For my Mom's lesson for twenty minutes we went to the Nursery and I wanted to stay but my mom wouldn't let us. I had a project due this Thursday at the end of the term. I got 60 points which is full credit. But we didn't actually get to play the game because there were a lot of people and my parents are so excited about this but I got an A. I babysitted for some people because they were going to an Aggie game and it was fun except one of the kids was hard to babysit because he didn't want to do the things I wanted him to do and he wouldn't go into time out. The other two were good. We went skiing today with Carlynn and Don. It was fun but I'm sore now but I guess that's just what happens when you ski. We had another sleepover at Emma and Grace's house and played and had a fun time. I helped them have their shots. Emma thought that it was really going to hurt so Gracie went first but then Gracie decided not to do it and Emma thought it didn't hurt but Gracie screamed and screamed and she still isn't very happy that she got shots. Emma isn't but Emma was like, "It didn't hurt". And THursday I went over to play at their house so I got off the bus at Hillcrest and it only took me a couple of minutes to get to their house. Then we went to shots and to Aggie Ice Cream and we got two scoops and they said they would get three scoops and I told them their scoops were big so they would only want two and I was right. They only got two and they finished it all and they thought that was too much ice cream. And what's the good news is that their new doctor that they're going to have is Eliza's dad who is Emma's friend and my brother's friend so that's exciting. And Eliza's dad is partners with our doctor. Love you.

Audrey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home