Sunday, October 21, 2007

October 21

Dear Grandma and Grandpa,

On Tuesday we went to Young Womens and got two ingredients to put in baskets for four people that were getting married in December and January. We also brought our favorite recipes. I brought Hawaiian Chicken and Scotcharoos. Then we went and got ice cream at Coldstone and I got an Oreo overload, and I couldn't even finish it all. It's still in the freezer. On Wednesday I had a concert at Logan High. We played "Australian movements 1, 2, and 3" and Wigstein, which is a Halloween piece. Piano lessons were okay. I'm playing Pirates of the Caribbean. Yesterday we got flu shots and me and Elliot got bike helmets. Then we went down to see some people, one was Bruce Powell. Karen was his wife. We know them because they work with Project Amigo. Bruce is going down there and he's going to take some stuff for us that we didn't want to take down by ourselves because that would be a whole other trip. One is a CTR ring and the reason why we're sending it is because the Sunday before we left, which was the day before we left, Axel handed me his HLJ (Has Lo Justo) ring. So we told him we would get him a CTR ring. Because mine was too ladylike. And Axel's a boy. We went and say Dick. And Lilly and Max. Dick gave us this huge, and I mean huge, Cheddar Cauliflower head. It's bigger than my head. It's bigger than a basketball. Or about the same size. Me and Cecily sat down to watch TV in the banana chair because my mom had to go to a goodbye party and I looked down and Cecily was asleep. And I didn't want to move her because I like to snuggle with her so Elliot moved the recliner so we could still watch TV but lie down with her. We went and met our new neighbors and they're really nice. They have three kids. One's in sixth grade, one's in fourth grade, and one's in Kindergarten. Steven is oldest, then Jennifer, then David. Their parents are Li and Ban. They're from China. The parents are, but the kids were born here so they only speak English. Love you.

Audrey

Dear Grandma and Grandpa,

Mommy and Daddy had a very busy week so I got to spend a lot of time this week playing with Audrey and Elliot. They had something every single night this week. Dad worked at night and Mom had three church meetings, a soccer game, and a farewell party for someone in our ward. On Tuesday I went to Joyschool at Adelaide's house and we did a lesson on the letter C. We got to go out and dig up carrots. I found a little tiny baby carrot that I then carried around with me for the rest of the day, like it was a stuffed animal or a friends. On Wednesday I went and played with Paigey. And she came over on Thursday. Laura came over again too. We cut flowers for a little while. We really wanted to water the plants outside, so Mommy filled up cups with water and we all went out and dumped them on the same plant. We did that about 30 times, until there was a little trail of water from the sink to the little plant in the garden, and then Mommy distracted us with grapes and cheese. My favorite activity this week has been vacuuming the Box Elder bugs from the front porch. I think it's funny. We went to school on Friday and helped Kara and Jonah teach the 4th graders a lesson on dance. I really wanted to help Kara play her African drum. It was a fun lesson and the kids were crazy dancers. I went and visited Anita, the school secretary, and she gave me a sucker. And I like going to the school because there's one water fountain that's just the right size for me to reach. When I was getting ready for church this morning, for some reason I was really missing my Mexico friends. I wanted to know if we were going to see Valeria and Cesar and Erick and Juan Carlos at church today. We didn't see them, but I did get to play with my teachers, Colette and Amberlee. I love them. Colette told Daddy that I crack her up because I'm starting to express myself so well. I was going through our family telling Colette where everyone was (in class) and then she asked where Cecily was, and I said "I'm right here!" I also made Valerie laugh this week because we were playing the same game and when we got to Daddy I told her, "Daddy's at work. He's giving medicine to the babies and grandpas."

Love,
Cecily

Dear Grandma and Grandpa,

Tuesday we played against Soccer Academy. And they were supposed to be the best by predictions, but they're not. And we beat them 9 to 3. We beat them because first of all, we were first to everything and first to everything means first goal, and whenever you have a first goal you have an advantage. We were playing much better and we were passing to each other and we were having more fun than the last game when we lost 3 to 1. I played goalie. And I only got the ball once. It was always on their half of the field. Wednesday I had piano lessons. And I passed off all my pieces except for one. Bass is going good. I like it. It's better than piano because it's a new instrument. I've kind of gotten tired of piano. We heard "Rock around the Clock" and I thought it was cool because I could hear the bass. Audrey's concert was fun and I think the eighth graders did the best, but I don't know. But it was pretty boring because we had to sit there and sit there and listen to music. I mean, the music was good, but it wasn't any action and most of the day I like action. Like DOING something, not watching something. Except for TV. I have my birthday coming up and each birthday we have, we get to choose what we want for breakfast and dinner and lunch if it's on a Saturday or Sunday. And I decided for my breakfast I'd have crepes, eggs, and sausage. For dinner, I'm going to have some kind of Mexican food. Saturday I got my flu shot and it wasn't fun. And I was like "I don't really want to do this" and my mom and dad said they'd rather have a pinch than have to stay home for a week from school and not do anything except lay in bed and eat and drink and once I got in there, it was like "Oh no, I don't want to get this" but I thought it would hurt a lot and I bit my tongue, and while I was getting the shot, I felt my tongue more than the flue shot. Biting my tongue hurt worse than the flue shot. Then we went to the Women's center and got a helmet. Then we went down to Centerville to see Bruce Powell. And to give him a suitcase. Stuff that we needed to give to people in Mexico. One of the things was Utah State frisbees to give to Diego because I threw his over the fence and we couldn't get it back because those people always kept their door locked. It was next to the church and I flew it over there. We went to Janet and Dick's house next and I started watching the Aggie football game and right when Nevada scored was when we were getting treats and getting ready to leave, and I saw them partying and I thought "Oh no". But not the partying that gives you a penalty. They were just going "Yah, woah!" So we left in a hurry. I didn't want to see that. The game ended up not SO bad, but the score was 31 28, Nevada. We were so close to winning ONE game. Love you. Miss you.

Elliot

1 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

I love reading your posts. Audrey, I'm a little worried about you exchanging rings with a BOY. Cec, I'm glad that you found your orange vegetable of the week. Elliot, sometimes I think it's hard sitting through concerts, but don't tell Nate I said so.

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home