March 4

Audrey's friend and neighbor Hannah

Audrey's "before" shot on her makeover clothes
Dear Grandma and Grandpa,
We went skiing on Monday for my dad's work and it was fun. I did better than last time and on Tiny Tim, which wasn't groomed, I went twice and my dad said I did really well on my second time. It's fun to go slow and watch your skis carefully. I went with my friend Morgan but she pretty much hung out with all of her boy friends. I don't know if she likes them or if they're just boy friends . On Tuesday we went to the DI because we are making a fashion model show and my group is two people and there are two models and I have a dress that's green with flowers on them and a pink shirt to make sleeves and maybe Grandma can help me and then I'm going to wear my jeans and some of my mom's flats. We are supposed to take something that wasn't very modest and turn it into something modest and the reason I'm making it modest is it is too short so I'm wearing pants underneath it and it has spaghetti straps and I'm making sleeves. My other partner is wearing a skirt that's too short and we're going to put leggings underneath it and she has a short shirt that ties and she's going to put a white shirt underneath it and put bows on the skirt too. On Saturday I painted my sister's fingernails. She was showing everyone at church. Because she loves when I paint her fingernails. She always pretends to blow on them still. I crimped Emma's hair. She didn't want her fingernails painted. Friday I went sledding for a while and then I watched Cecily and I went over to Emma's house. On Wednesday the Nelson's came over because their oldest boy is going on a mission to Spain and we fixed tasty food and ate it. I didn't eat any of the olives. I liked the horchata but it was really sweet. And I liked how it had the flavor of lemon instead of the kind of coconut flavor that the kind in the packages has. I think the lemon gives it a tang so it's not TOO sweet. I didn't eat the mushrooms either. I liked everything else. Except the paella, we had a lot of it, but now we don't want to eat it because we've been having it for leftovers. I took a big scoop and the sausage or whatever- chorizo- was really good. I think the dulce de leche and crackers were better than the churros and I didn't like flan that much. The churros need more something in it. That was DJ and Chase's favorite. I still liked it, it's just not as good as I thought it was going to be. DJ is my age and is in my 7th grade school class but not in any of my classes. And Jonah was there and he wasn't nice to me because he let DJ hold him but he wouldn't let me hold him! He was just having a boy thing that night. Chase held Cecily. But they were all going around playing with Cecily's toys because they thought they were fun because they don't have babies and they think babies are fun.
Love you
Audrey

Elliot with teamates Austin Duersch and Brian Klaasen
Dear Grandma and Grandpa,
We went skiing on Monday. It was fun. I did really good compared to other times. I went down Tiny Tim a few times which was really choppy. The second time I went really fast and at the bottom I flipped and I planted my face in the snow and my ski went twirling up and my Dad said he would like to catch that on film. There was snow in my eyebrows. The Nelsons were over at our house because they were eating dinner at our house because Riley was going on his mission to Spain and my mom went there and we had some good Spanish stuff and I didn't know they liked to eat pickles and I ate a lot of pickles and I played with Chase. Jacob and Kara and Emma and Gracie and Jonah came over too. The asparagus didn't taste very good. I didn't eat any. Usually I have to eat three. My mom said we didn't have to eat anything we didn't like because we had guests and she didn't want them to eat anything they didn't like so I didn't eat any. I liked the olives except I only liked the green ones, not the red ones. I ate a few of them and then I liked the rice casserole thing- the paella. I liked the sausage and I liked everything in it. The churros was my favorite dessert. I liked the chocolate. I dipped one in chocolate. We were eating them faster than my mom could make them. You just squeeze them in oil. It was mostly me and Chase and Gracie and Emma. We had our last basketball practice and we played the girls and the girls beat us. Austin's big sister and Austin's sister's friend Kaylie are on their team. We had our last basketball game on Saturday and we won 34-18 against the Spartans. The Spartans said they were undefeated but I don't believe them. Nick made a great pass to Kareem and Kareem made a great pass to Nick and they both scored. I scored 8 points. We did really well on defense. We were trying to get each person some points but we didn't get Brian or Hunter some points. And the other team was really rough and they were getting really frustrated because they had won most of their games, and it was making them play worse to be frustrated. I learned that when you're frustrated you don't play as well. Because you really want to catch up and you end up fouling the other person or just throwing the ball up for a layup and win. It's too painful to tell you about the Utah State game but I'll tell you the score- Fresno State won 71-66. Me and my dad lost our voice yelling because we were losing and they kept gaining points and the whole crowd was like, "yah!!" They scored right after us. It kept going on and on until they blocked JC Carroll and got a layup and that made the Aggies frustrated and Nervous and Ducharme fouled a guy with 1 minute 6 seconds on the clock. Then Fresno kept scoring then Carroll put up a layup, but it wouldn't go because it was too hard and I'm like, "Calm down, you guys, you're like the team we played against." But it's okay. We'll live. With 36 seconds we had to get a three pointer and a two pointer and Fresno had to miss all of their points. And Aggies got a two pointer but then Fresno got a two-pointer. Love you. Miss you.
Elliot


Cecily after the snowstorm
Dear Grandma and Grandpa,
It snowed a lot this week. Two different times. I got on all of my snow stuff and walked around. I like to say "crunch crunch" while I'm walking in the snow. Paigey was sick AGAIN this week so I didn't play. I did play with Jonah, though, while his mom read to Elliot's class. I have been watching Sleeping Beauty. I like to talk about the naughty fairy and that she turns into a scary dragon and that Sleeping Beauty shouldn't touch it and that the prince has to give the princess a kiss because she's sleeping but the prince is stuck and then the prince has to run away- hurry!hurry!- and then he gives the dragon an owie and it falls down. I also say "hurry!hurry!" when he's going up the stairs to kiss the princess, and I yell "Don't listen to the naughty fairy!" when the princess is about to prick her finger. I think it's funny when the nice fairy's cake falls down. And I love when she dances at the end. I know almost all of the words to that song now- "Once Upon a Dream." I get a scowl on my face when I talk about the naughty fairy. I was telling Mommy about the naughty fairy and she said, "The naughty fairy's not nice," and I said "At all!" And then we had to go to a store and I was asking Mommy about the naughty fairy and whether she was at school with Elliot and Mommy got out of the car and was coming around to get me out and she said, "No, the naughty fairy doesn't go to school," and she realized that a man who was walking to the store heard her say that to herself and he thought it was very funny. Audrey painted my fingernails. I love them. I show everyone. And, even though they're dry, I still make Mommy blow on them every once in a while. My favorite books right now are _Farmer Small_, _How Do Dinosaurs Learn Their Colors_, _The Snowy Day_, and _The Little Caboose_. And I still love Madeline, but now her hair is kind of messy and I've lost one of her shoes.
Love,
Cecily

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home