Aug 24
Dad's Skydiving Adventure

James and his brothers getting on the plane in Erda, Utah, to go tandem skydiving.

Elliot got this shot of the door they would be jumping out of.

Finally able to see Dad....

...can see him but still not focus on him.....

...and he's safe on the ground!
Dear Grandma and Grandpa,
uyu06-0u6u9u079u067/u9709u70676u97089760987070870870070697060070 7907970690-7760976079709098797k9,76k76
I wrote that part all by myself.
I didn't go potty in my panties for so many days this week! I was very good! On Wednesday, Mommy took Elliot down for his first day of school and Audrey and I were bored, so Audrey and I got on the bus and rode down to Smiths and bought some treats! I played with Laura for a while this week. We were being kitties and Elliot was scaring us and we were screaming. I also played with Paige two times. Mommy was cleaning off the back porch with the hose and she was squirting our toes and we were laughing and splashing in the water. I have still been pretty clingy this week, needing Mommy and Daddy to sit with me while I watch my movies. And I really missed the kids when they went to school. I wanted someone at my house playing constantly while they were gone. And I'm getting pretty good and teasing Elliot. Mommy has to get mad at me sometimes. It usually has something to do with grabbing his shirt and just following him around, standing in front of the TV while he's watching the Olympics, or asking him again and again and again what he's playing on his DS. On Saturday I got to go down to McKay's house to play. We had fun. We played on his swingset and we played with Baby Taylor. We played Legos and I showed him the Veggie Tales Belly Button song on the Internet so that he could sing it along with me. Daddy was jumping out of an airplane. I was sad that I couldn't go to watch him. For Family Home Evening we took some flowers to Cameron's mom because Cameron's grandpa died. I got to play with Cameron for a little while. Then I picked some flowers for my Primary teachers- Collette and Amberlee, but neither one of them was home, so I just left the flowers at their houses. I got to see them today because it was Primary. I love my teachers. My friend Kiki is moving, so I'm sad. Maybe I can play with her this week. And some really exciting news is that our neighbor poured his sidewalk and now I can ride my trike really really far. I can ride all the way to Laura's house!
Love,
Cecily
Dear Grandma and Grandpa,
Monday for Family Home Evening we picked flowers and I gave my flowers that I picked and arranged in a bouquet to one of my Primary teachers because I had missed the last two weeks that she was teaching for baby blessings, so I took some flowers to her. We helped Dad in the yard a lot, and we went to the pool. It was really fun- me and Audrey went off the diving boards and we played with Cecily. I saw my friend Trent there, Trent Peck. He was with his friends. My dad and Ceci went down the slide with me and Audrey- my dad and Ceci went together, and when they got to the end, when you drop off the slide, my dad didn't raise her up high enough and she got water in her eyes and nose because she doesn't know not to breathe and not to keep your eyes open under water. She was crying afterwards. The first day of school, I went in with my mom to meet my teacher, Mr. Cressall, and I was nervous at first, I'd heard he was pretty strict, but I was wrong. He's kind of strict but I also like him, too. He's pretty funny. The weird thing is my best friend isn't in my class. Austin isn't in my class this year, which it's the last year of elementary school, so I was kind of sad. But my friends that sometimes make trouble with me, Taylor, Kemren and Ted, are in my class, so I kind of need to be careful. Luckily I don't sit by any of them. Emma's in my class, and that's kind of cool because we're cousins and we're in the same class for the last year of Elementary School. The second day, I came home and he gave us a lot of projects, and he had so many and they were so confusing that I didn't understand three of them. Now I feel better about it, because the third day I went there, and I didn't take notes like my mom said, but I listened when he explained things and now I understand. I've been watching the Olympics, and since it's the end, I've been watching water polo and diving. My favorite thing to watch so far was probably swimming and basketball. I haven't seen any soccer, though. I loved it when Michael Phelps won 8 gold medals. And I've been watching track a lot. I like the relays and the 100 meters, but the long distances they kind of get boring, until the end when somebody wins. Yesterday we went to Erda and my dad and his two brothers, Corwin and John, they got to go skydiving. They looked like tiny little dots at first. Even their parachutes looked like tiny little dots. I couldn't even see them at the first, until they got down. And John got motion sick. I think I might want to do it someday. Dad said it was really fun, but it wasn't as amazing as having us born. He thought that was more amazing.
Love you, miss you.
Elliot
Dear Grandma and Grandpa,
Monday for Family Home Evening, I arranged some flowers for my teacher, Sister Cottle, because her dad just passed away. We went swimming with my dad and my brother and my sister and it was pretty fun. I started school on Tuesday. First we went to the auditorium and got greeted and sat with groups that they assigned us. And then we watched two movies. I was in the W-Z group. I was sitting with Bev and Emily Wilson. Then we went on a tour of each building. And learned about some stuff. And then we had a really fast tour of the whole school. THen we started with our classes, and we have five minutes to get to our class, and that day we only had ten minutes in each class, and when we were done we went to a pep rally. I ate lunch with Isabella, Emily, Laurie, and Brooklyn. I wasn't necessarily excited, but then the other days of school it was better and I liked it more. Brooklyn has seminary with me, but we don't have the same teacher. Eric Cruz is in my Life Skills class- his brother's on Elliot's soccer team. Bev is in my English class. Fifth period is Sister Cottle. Sixth is Spanish. Seventh is science. Wednesday I stayed home because the other three grades had their first day of school. So Thursday was the first real day of school with everyone. It was fun. School's not necessarily fun, but it's going to be okay. My locker partner is Molly, I'm glad it's someone I know. It was interesting and fun to watch my dad. But we had to wait, and we were really hungry and thirsty. I pretty much only saw him at the point where he was going to land. It looks like something I would want to do. I mean, I'm afraid of heights, but it looks pretty fun. But I hope they don't do the thing like they did with Dad where the parachute goes underneath, I would be like, "OK, I'm done...." I got my Chi yesterday- an early birthday present from Grandma and Grandpa Parnell. It's a flat iron that can flip curl and straighten. It's going to take a while to learn how to use it. I tried today to use it to curl, and it was scary. For right now I'm just doing straightening, but I'll have to learn how to curl.
Bye.
Audrey

James and his brothers getting on the plane in Erda, Utah, to go tandem skydiving.

Elliot got this shot of the door they would be jumping out of.

Finally able to see Dad....

...can see him but still not focus on him.....

...and he's safe on the ground!
Dear Grandma and Grandpa,
uyu06-0u6u9u079u067/
I wrote that part all by myself.
I didn't go potty in my panties for so many days this week! I was very good! On Wednesday, Mommy took Elliot down for his first day of school and Audrey and I were bored, so Audrey and I got on the bus and rode down to Smiths and bought some treats! I played with Laura for a while this week. We were being kitties and Elliot was scaring us and we were screaming. I also played with Paige two times. Mommy was cleaning off the back porch with the hose and she was squirting our toes and we were laughing and splashing in the water. I have still been pretty clingy this week, needing Mommy and Daddy to sit with me while I watch my movies. And I really missed the kids when they went to school. I wanted someone at my house playing constantly while they were gone. And I'm getting pretty good and teasing Elliot. Mommy has to get mad at me sometimes. It usually has something to do with grabbing his shirt and just following him around, standing in front of the TV while he's watching the Olympics, or asking him again and again and again what he's playing on his DS. On Saturday I got to go down to McKay's house to play. We had fun. We played on his swingset and we played with Baby Taylor. We played Legos and I showed him the Veggie Tales Belly Button song on the Internet so that he could sing it along with me. Daddy was jumping out of an airplane. I was sad that I couldn't go to watch him. For Family Home Evening we took some flowers to Cameron's mom because Cameron's grandpa died. I got to play with Cameron for a little while. Then I picked some flowers for my Primary teachers- Collette and Amberlee, but neither one of them was home, so I just left the flowers at their houses. I got to see them today because it was Primary. I love my teachers. My friend Kiki is moving, so I'm sad. Maybe I can play with her this week. And some really exciting news is that our neighbor poured his sidewalk and now I can ride my trike really really far. I can ride all the way to Laura's house!
Love,
Cecily
Dear Grandma and Grandpa,
Monday for Family Home Evening we picked flowers and I gave my flowers that I picked and arranged in a bouquet to one of my Primary teachers because I had missed the last two weeks that she was teaching for baby blessings, so I took some flowers to her. We helped Dad in the yard a lot, and we went to the pool. It was really fun- me and Audrey went off the diving boards and we played with Cecily. I saw my friend Trent there, Trent Peck. He was with his friends. My dad and Ceci went down the slide with me and Audrey- my dad and Ceci went together, and when they got to the end, when you drop off the slide, my dad didn't raise her up high enough and she got water in her eyes and nose because she doesn't know not to breathe and not to keep your eyes open under water. She was crying afterwards. The first day of school, I went in with my mom to meet my teacher, Mr. Cressall, and I was nervous at first, I'd heard he was pretty strict, but I was wrong. He's kind of strict but I also like him, too. He's pretty funny. The weird thing is my best friend isn't in my class. Austin isn't in my class this year, which it's the last year of elementary school, so I was kind of sad. But my friends that sometimes make trouble with me, Taylor, Kemren and Ted, are in my class, so I kind of need to be careful. Luckily I don't sit by any of them. Emma's in my class, and that's kind of cool because we're cousins and we're in the same class for the last year of Elementary School. The second day, I came home and he gave us a lot of projects, and he had so many and they were so confusing that I didn't understand three of them. Now I feel better about it, because the third day I went there, and I didn't take notes like my mom said, but I listened when he explained things and now I understand. I've been watching the Olympics, and since it's the end, I've been watching water polo and diving. My favorite thing to watch so far was probably swimming and basketball. I haven't seen any soccer, though. I loved it when Michael Phelps won 8 gold medals. And I've been watching track a lot. I like the relays and the 100 meters, but the long distances they kind of get boring, until the end when somebody wins. Yesterday we went to Erda and my dad and his two brothers, Corwin and John, they got to go skydiving. They looked like tiny little dots at first. Even their parachutes looked like tiny little dots. I couldn't even see them at the first, until they got down. And John got motion sick. I think I might want to do it someday. Dad said it was really fun, but it wasn't as amazing as having us born. He thought that was more amazing.
Love you, miss you.
Elliot
Dear Grandma and Grandpa,
Monday for Family Home Evening, I arranged some flowers for my teacher, Sister Cottle, because her dad just passed away. We went swimming with my dad and my brother and my sister and it was pretty fun. I started school on Tuesday. First we went to the auditorium and got greeted and sat with groups that they assigned us. And then we watched two movies. I was in the W-Z group. I was sitting with Bev and Emily Wilson. Then we went on a tour of each building. And learned about some stuff. And then we had a really fast tour of the whole school. THen we started with our classes, and we have five minutes to get to our class, and that day we only had ten minutes in each class, and when we were done we went to a pep rally. I ate lunch with Isabella, Emily, Laurie, and Brooklyn. I wasn't necessarily excited, but then the other days of school it was better and I liked it more. Brooklyn has seminary with me, but we don't have the same teacher. Eric Cruz is in my Life Skills class- his brother's on Elliot's soccer team. Bev is in my English class. Fifth period is Sister Cottle. Sixth is Spanish. Seventh is science. Wednesday I stayed home because the other three grades had their first day of school. So Thursday was the first real day of school with everyone. It was fun. School's not necessarily fun, but it's going to be okay. My locker partner is Molly, I'm glad it's someone I know. It was interesting and fun to watch my dad. But we had to wait, and we were really hungry and thirsty. I pretty much only saw him at the point where he was going to land. It looks like something I would want to do. I mean, I'm afraid of heights, but it looks pretty fun. But I hope they don't do the thing like they did with Dad where the parachute goes underneath, I would be like, "OK, I'm done...." I got my Chi yesterday- an early birthday present from Grandma and Grandpa Parnell. It's a flat iron that can flip curl and straighten. It's going to take a while to learn how to use it. I tried today to use it to curl, and it was scary. For right now I'm just doing straightening, but I'll have to learn how to curl.
Bye.
Audrey

2 Comments:
Way to go, James! I would never, ever do that. Much to afraid of heights.
Nate: I don't think I could do it.
Post a Comment
<< Home