Sunday, June 01, 2008

June 1

Pictures from Audrey's last day of school.
















Brooklyn, Laurie, Hailey, and Audrey.















Shalyn- a boy painted a mustache on her.















Donna, Jacob, Jenny, and some kids whose names Audrey doesn't know.














Jessica, Shalyn, and Zia.














Elliot at his piano recital.














Audrey at her piano recital. Moragh, their teacher, is in the white sweater.














Everyone in the family trying to make Matthew smile for his picture.














Cecily, Emmalee, and Mary.














Jacob, Abby, Cami, and Audrey.














Grandma and Grandpa with all of the grandkids.



















Cecily with olives on her fingers. I wish she would have eaten them all.














Grandpa blowing out his 70th birthday cake.














Elliot and his team finishing up their part of the half-time show.














In the stands at the Real Salt Lake game. Mario is in the red shirt, Mitch is just above him with the blond hair.














Alex B and Alex C celebrate a goal.














Elliot and his banged up face sitting next to Alex B.


Dear Grandma and Grandpa,

We took Mary and McKay home on Monday. Then we went to see Baby Simon. He is really small. We had pizza at Harriet's house. Then we took Harriet home with us to stay so that Baby Simon could take lots of naps. On Tuesday Harriet came with me to JoySchool. It was at Adelaide's house. Adelaide had a tent and a castle for us to play in. When Mommy came to get me and Harriet, we didn't want to come home. Especially Harriet. Ginny's brother Sam had to crawl into the castle and get her because she was hiding. She wanted to keep playing. But we came home and then we went to Elliot's school and listened to him sing. We found Paigey and Jonah and sat with them. There were four grown-ups (Jacob, Kara, Mommy, Valerie) and four kids (me, Paigey, Jonah, Harriet) so everybody had a lap. At one point everyone was clapping and then they stopped clapping right when I yelled "Hi Elliot" and so it came out really loud and everyone laughed and smiled at me and I was really embarrassed. Harriet and I had to have rests in different rooms because we weren't resting. That night we went to Elliot's last soccer game. Audrey wanted to go and watch us at the soccer game, but after Harriet and I had wandered onto the field a couple of times, Mommy decided to just take us home. We were having so much fun playing with Sophia and Anna and Sonia and Ashley, and we were not happy that Mommy was taking us home. We cried and cried all the way home, promising Mommy that we would be good and we wouldn't kick any more balls onto the field. On Wednesday, we went to play at Paigey's house. We had so much fun. We went to the park. When Mommy came to pick us up, Paigey and I cried and cried because we didn't want to be apart, but we were both acting very sleepy, so Mommy made me come home and have a rest. And Harriet and I wanted to play during our rest again, so we had to go to different rooms. That afternoon we were talking to Laura and her mom in our front yard and Elliot and Eric were doing crazy scooter tricks and Harriet started trying to copy them and Mommy got mad at Elliot and he said, "I've done this a thousand times, I won't get hurt," and then five minutes later he went off of the jump and fell and got all scratched up. Harriet and I felt very sorry for Elliot, but Mommy didn't. On Thursday, Harriet was pretty sad. Mommy made a mistake and thought she was going to go to her other grandma's house, and so she told Harriet we needed to get ready, but her grandma didn't come, and Harriet was sad. Paigey and Laura came over to play and we tried to have fun with Harriet, but she didn't really want to play. We were digging in the sandbox and found a couple of treasures that were still there from last week when we buried them. It was so fun. We made a kitty fort and then when Paigey's mom came, we got to turn it into a water slide (slide down the mats like they're a slide instead of crawling inside them to make a fort). That night it was Audrey and Elliot's piano recital, but I wasn't feeling very good, so Harriet and Mommy went to the recital. Harriet really wanted to play and kept asking when it was her turn. Audrey and Elliot's teacher said if she practiced hard then she could have a turn. On Friday morning, Harriet's grandma came and got her. I was sad. I went visiting teaching with Mommy and Paigey and her Mommy. We got to see Lilly and Marky. Then Paigey and I didn't want to separate again, so I stayed at her house. Lydia was home from school, too. Then I had to come home and we were so sad, but Paigey got in trouble for kicking and had to go in time out. So we asked Lydia if she wanted to come to our house and play, and she did. So I played the rest of the afternoon with Lydia. That night we watched "Enchanted" and I liked it, except for the witch. And the dragon that the witch turns into. On Saturday we went down to Grandma and Grandpa's house for Grandpa's birthday. We had lunch and I put olives on all of my fingers. Grandpa had a big cake and he blew out the candles after we sang "Happy Birthday". Then we listened to things about Grandpa, and then we got to play with cousins. I watched Mommy and Daddy and Audrey drive away to go to Elliot's soccer game in Salt Lake and I wasn't even sad. I drove home with Baby Chloe and stayed at her house until Mommy and Daddy came to get me. Today I had a good day in church. I was excited to go to Primary, because Lydia came to get me and walked with me to church. And both of my teachers were there, and I love my teachers.

Love,

Cecily

Dear Grandma and Grandpa,

Sunday night we went over to Tueschers' for scones and we were playing baseball and Max hit the ball and it hit Mary and Mary got a huge fat lip and she got a scrape from the baseball. But she was really brave and she just said, "I'm bleeding." Monday we went to Baby Simon's house and we dropped off Mary and McKay, too. On Tuesday, at school, we had the school program for the parents. We sang "Earthlings Unite" and " Agents of Change" and "Talking About My Friend". And "Get Up". One time when we were switching songs, Ceci yelled, "Hi Elliot!" and everyone laughed in the audience and everyone laughed in the fourth grade that was singing, too. I was just kind of blushing, I don't know. Tuesday night I had a game. Against the Strikers. We tied 3-3, but it could have been 2-3, because there was a goal that was going just inside the goal, just barely right of the post, and it wasn't going to hit the post, and I just barely tapped it and it skipped the post and went in, and so it could have been 2-3 and we won, but I just can't control everything about the game. That was one of the worst times I've been scored on. We were really sad. We wish we would have won. We ended up being second in the league. Thunderfoot was first and Strikers were third. Thunderfoot and the Strikers both wanted me really bad to come try out for their team. The Strikers coach said that I didn't even have to try out and he'd put me on, Thunderfoot I'd have to try out. But then Jorge, Alex C's dad, is going to make a team that's U11, so I can go on their team, because I'm too old to go on Coach JC's team now. The two Alexes are going to be on the team, Luis and Nick are going to be on our team, Mario is going to be on our team, and I think either Mitch or Kaden. Alexis is going to be on their team. Danny I don't know, because he's going to be gone all summer to Mexico. Wednesday, I got to do the fun run with all of the fourth graders in Logan. Which was six schools, including Hillcrest, and we had to run a mile. I was in Heat 1, the fastest heat, it goes down to Heat 3. First of all I cheered on all of my schoolmates. And then it was my turn and I started warming up. They fired the gun and I was going pretty slow, because there were about one hundred boys in front of me and about twenty in back, so that tells you how many there were in Heat 1. I passed about 96 people, and at the finish, if I knew I was in fourth place, I would have pushed it and beat the guy who was in third, but I didn't know, because it was too complicated- there were High School track people running with us, and some people were going around for their second and third laps, and on my card it said that I got 7:08, but I was right after the third place guy, and he said his time was 6:38, and I was like two to four seconds after him, and that's not right. And Kelsee Frodsham got 1:07 for her time. That was really funny. She did NOT think that was right! That'd be so cool if she really got that! But I did finish first from my school, and Jarrett Hunt was right behind me and he got fifth. I didn't even know what I'd gotten until he told me he got fifth and I knew I finished right before him. Wednesday afternoon, I was playing with Eric and we were riding scooters, and he has a ramp and I went off it and landed at first, but then I face-planted on the sidewalk. It really hurt. What hurt the most was my knee, because at that time I scraped up my knee and hit my knee on the side of my thigh bone. Mom didn't feel sorry for me. Because it was like she said "be careful" the millisecond before I did it. The next day I didn't want to go to school because I looked ugly. Mom made me go because she was going to to a poster on my face about, "Warning, this is what happens when you disobey your mom and ride your scooter off ramps." Thursday was our full day of school. We did the Spring singing program for the school. For each other. That night at Moragh's I had to do my recital. And it went terribly wrong. I played "Harry's Wondrous World", and I left out almost two whole pages. I only played one part of one of the two pages. But nobody knew except Moragh. Mom didn't even notice. She just thought it sounded longer at home because I'd been repeating things that were hard. Harriet asked my mom, and she kind of yelled it, and said, "When's it going to be my turn to play the piano?" Brigham, Chelsea's husband, he said "If you get any more scars you need to come show us, because the one on your nose is cool." Friday was last day of school. I went to Taylor's house for four hours and thirty minutes and we played on the tramp, and played Wii. We went to a party at Grandpa's house. I had to tell everybody about my accident. THey said, "Ouch" and "You're going to look beautiful for pictures". I hung out with Nate most of the time. And he had a Lacrosse set that his brother brought, and for a first timer of doing Lacrosse, I thought I was okay. The food was good- especially the turkey. I learned about Grandpa that he had some close calls with dying, and that when he and Grandma got married Grandma's brothers and sisters painted the wrong car. Then we had to go to the Real Salt Lake game, and our team got to go on the field and meet the players. I couldn't find my team, and then I found Stuart and I hung out with him, and then I said, "Stuart, I really need to find my teammates" and finally he asked his dad if he could go with me and find my team, and we went over and finally we found Jorge and Jorge said where the team was, and he gave Stuart and pass to meet the players too, and it was really cool. And I had Dad's phone and I couldn't hear my mom when she called because there was a band, and we were both so frustrated. We also got to go out on the field at halftime, and Stuart said that his brother's team got to go out and play a short game, and we were going out too, so we thought we were going to have to play them, but I didn't bring shoes and shinguards and goalie gloves and shirt, but we didn't have to play, we just held up a poster. But we got two free teeshirts. The game was fun. Real Salt Lake won 3-1. When it got down to Real Salt Lake's side of the goal, I was watching the goalie. But when we were near their goal, I was just watching to see if they'd score. Love you. MIss you.

Elliot

Dear Grandma and Grandpa,

On Monday we went down and took Mary and McKay to their house. Then we went and saw Simon and he was really cute. I got to hold him. And then we took Harriet up to our house. Wednesday I went to piano lessons and then I went and saw Raymond and Roselena and talked to them for a while. Thursday was the last day of school. It was okay, I was kind of glad to get out of school. We did yearbook signing, or else I wouldn't have gone to the last day of school. But then I wouldn't have been able to get my yearbook for a while. Practically the last three days I didn't have to go to school. I didn't need to. But my parents probably would have gotten mad at me. I had a piano recital and I only had like three mistakes, which I guess was good because it wasn't the readiest piece, but it was better than the others. I got a dress to go to the dance, which was Thursday night, so I wore it to my recital. It is gray and black and it has lots of shiny things on the bottom, which, that's pretty much why I got it. Mom and Dad said that if they bought the dress, I had to ask four people to dance. Luckily, I did it in that hour. I almost didn't but luckily there was one more dance left. But it was a slow dance, because usually that's what the last one is. I missed like an hour of the dance for my recital. Lots of my friends were there. Everybody liked my dress, but I got more compliments on it today. It was mostly dark at the dance, so you couldn't see it as well. I hung out with Brooklyn and Emily and whatever boys were following us around. There were just different groups of our friends that were boys that hung out with us and left and then came back. We did pictures, the first picture was lots of people. I was in three pictures. Brooklyn was in like seven. We mostly just danced in a group of friends. But when I had to ask the four boys, it was Tristan, who was in some of my classes. He's just somebody who teases us all the time. Then I danced with Jake- Jake's in some of my classes, too. I've been friends with him all year. Then Tyler- he was in my elementary school and he and Brooklyn like each other, but Brooklyn's thinking of breaking up with him so she didn't mind if other people danced with him. Then Eric Ermer- (because I know too many Erics) he was in my elementary school, too. Then after the dance I got changed and went to play night games. We were supposed to meet at Lundstrom Park. A couple of minutes later, we decided to play a game where some of us are away from pretend police, and somebody who could drive was the police. The two cars drive, and if they catch them, they're police too. We never got caught. We almost did, but we were saved by hiding. At first it was Braxton, Tyler, Brooklyn, Jake and me. Then it was me and Braxton that went and hid behind a bush, and Tyler and Brooklyn hid somewhere, and Jake hid somewhere else. So after that we went to try to find everyone else and we found them in the parking lot, and Jake went a different way and got caught, and then we went to Aggie Ice Cream so that's where you had to get to win the game. So everyone else except us got caught, and left before we did. Then we walked up to Braxton's and we had to give Jake a ride home (me and Dad). The next day I went to Emma and Grace's house and held Lilly. I played with her and changed her pants. She wasn't very happy that I was doing that. Then we had a party at Braxton's. It was a movie party and then we went to the park and chatted. Don't worry, I don't like any of these boys- just as friends. We watched "Enchanted". I saw it for the second time and I like it. Saturday we had Grandpa's birthday party. Me and Jacob talked about not going to Lagoon together. I told him I needed his picture on my phone because I told him when I told my friends that he was meeting us, they wanted to know if he was "hott" and he said his friends said the exact same thing. We're going to try to do something this month. We went to the Real Salt Lake game. It was fun. Going to it in person was fun. The scoring was pretty exciting. The fans weren't too crazy- not like the ones on TV on the Mexican games. It probably depends on the Mexican game.

Love you.

Audrey

1 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

Hey Guys, cute blog. What a good idea to have the kids write to grandparents that way. Hey, were looking forward to the reunion, I feel bad we have your cooler, do ya need it? Thanks for sharing you veggie tray, it was a hit.

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home