Saturday, April 12, 2008

April 6















Elliot freezing his goalie gloves off in this game against BAM. They scored on him right after I took this picture (the only time all game) so I put the camera away...... I took it because he was just looking so lonely down there, the ball just wasn't ever getting down there.














Elliot's report on Shaquille ONeal- the outlines are of Shaquille, Dad, and Elliot.



















His poster comparing himself and Dad to Shaq.

Dear Grandma and Grandpa,

I have been playing with friends a lot lately. Paigey and Jonah always like to come to my house after I've been playing at theirs. And the weather has been a little warmer so there have been days when we've been able to to ride trikes and scooters outside. And I've been helping Mommy with the garden. I was very good at taking big branches that she was pruning to the compost pile. There are a lot of houses being built next to ours. Hopefully in the next few months we'll have a sidewalk that goes all the way down to the loop and back. Last week we went to my friend Marky's house for Family Home Evening. He has a little sister who isn't a baby anymore. She can walk now. I went out on the balcony with my other friend Baden and we ate ice cream. Paige and Jonah and I went to a music class this week. Ginny's mom is the teacher and we get to play lots of music games. I've started to notice that when Mommy and Daddy say prayers with me, they whisper things into my ears and I repeat them, so that's what I've started to do. I whisper into their ears what they're supposed to say out loud for my prayer. I've been going poop at Jonah's and Paige's house. I'm not scared to go at other people's houses anymore. For Joyschool last week I went to Adelaide's birthday party. We got bubbles and a twirly paper thing. I gave her some cookie mix and frosting. Daddy took us flying kites yesterday and our kite went really high up in the air. I went with Laura and Paige to Elliot's class last week because he was doing a book talk report. It was fun. Laura's and Paige's moms were late getting them and so they had to come with us. We all went to see Anita, the secretary at the school, and we got suckers. Dad gave Anita some money to replace all of the suckers that I get every time I come to the school. I'm so excited because I'm going down to see Grandma and Grandpa Willmore tomorrow, and then Mary and Caroline and Anna and Liz and Owen are coming to my house! We are going to show Owen so many fun things.

Love,

Cecily

Dear Grandma and Grandpa,

Last night I went to my school play with my friend Emily and then we went to her house and had dinner and popcorn and watched a movie. One of the Spanish teachers, he's not mine, but one of them, came over to our house because he wanted to talk to my parents. He wanted to talk about Mexico and stuff. For Young Women we were going to play volleyball but instead we went over to the Cottles' and played Rock Band. It's on Playstation. I sang and I played the drums and playing the drums wasn't very good. We had a broadcast of the Young Women's conference and it was good and then we had delicious cake or brownies with strawberries. I went shopping and I got some new pairs of pants, actually they're shorts and capris, and I got two shirts.

Love,

Audrey

Dear Grandma and Grandpa,

This week I played with Freddie. We played this game where we had balls and you try to hit each other with the balls. It was kind of a painful game, but it was fun at the same time. Then Freddie played some of my Spanish DS game, because I brought my DS over. And Freddie's mom cooked us some chicken and potatoes and it was really good and then we had some Mexican treats that you dip in hot sauce and they're shaped like wheels. On Thursday I had my Shaquille ONeal report at school and I did a compare and contrast poster, and some of the things were that Shaq likes rap music but my dad and I don't. And I did a big poster where I traced my dad and we drew how tall probably Shaquille might be, and then my mom traced me, and we showed it to the whole class, and I asked if they could tell which one was Shaquille. Then my dad, and then I said me, and they guessed I was the one outlined in green. On Saturday, yesterday, I had a soccer game against BAM, and they're a really good team. I was the goalie because Stuart went to Thunderfoot. And we won 2-1. It was a cold game. Very cold. Very very cold. I didn't score any goals, of course. I saved a couple of shots I was afraid I wouldn't save. One I pushed into the bar and I was amazed I saved that. THis week we went over to Nathan's house to have family home evening and Taylor came as well and we had this big ball fight and we played a game that someone had a slinky and the others had guns, but if you got touched with the slinky, then you died, and Taylor was a wimp, and he just got slinkied every time before me. So when Taylor distracted Nathan I would hide. Yesterday we went to this fundraiser for my dad's coworker's little girl that has cancer. We got to see her and compared to a poster of when she was healthy, she looked really different. She's my age and she's going to die in a couple of months. And then after the fundraiser me and Taylor played at his house, Pokemon Pearl, with our DSes. And we played a basketball game and two-square- it's like four-square for two people.

Love,

Elliot

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott Grindstaff said...

What? No commentary on the KU game? Oh, Elliot, I am so dissapointed. It's not very often you actually have a t-shirt for the winning team.

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home