Feb 3
Dear Grandma and Grandpa,
On Monday for Family Home Evening we wrote thank you cards to people who gave us Christmas and birthday. Tuesday it was our ward ski party night and I didn't want to ski but I still wanted to go, so I went and watched my sister. Cecily was really hyper that night. We watched Ratatouille two or three times and had doughnuts and colored and then she fell asleep in the car on the way there and on the way home. My mom couldn't watch Cecily because she had to teach a class, but I still wouldn't have gone skiing. Wednesday we had piano lessons and I got a new piece out of a book that's too hard for my mom. Then I got sick Thursday from I don't know what. I slept in late and was tired still. I had to skip my cello lesson. I was sick to my stomach and having bad dreams all night. I can't remember the next morning that I wake up screaming about something. Most of the things my mom said were pretty funny, like that I was talking about how I had to give a password to someone. But I was really scared. Friday our bus driver George picked us up and we were really hyper because we just found out who won MLMS Idol and we got near the Credit Union and he pulled over and said he wouldn't drive until we settled down. I guess he thought we were going wacko. So then we settled down and he stopped again for a while. So most people got off at the first stop and walked home. I walked to my friend's house and got a ride home with my other friend to our house. Saturday I was lazy. It was cold so I was lazy. The only time I went outside was to go to someone's baby shower. It was for Sister Sheli Field, she's the Young Women's secretary and she's going to have a boy. It was kind of fun and kind of boring. We gave her rattle booties, long sleeved onesies and chocolate. Sunday I wore a skirt that my mom got gave me for watching Cecily on Tuesday. Everyone was feeling crazy because of the Superbowl. I made the cake for my dad's birthday. I didn't make the cheesecakey part, but I made the frosting and the chocolate cake part. It was good. I got Dad a new pair of slippers. They are so comfy. We played Elliot's game that he got for Dad and it was fun. Cecily had fun. It was fun to sit and watch her do it. I was sad that President Hinckley died because he's the only prophet I know. I remember the "Be's" the best about him. And that he didn't look like he was that old. He just looked like a cute little man.
Love you.
Audrey
Dear Grandma and Grandpa,
We went skiing with our ward and some other wards. I skied with Kaden, Spencer, and Dad. Kaden and Spencer aren't in our ward. I don't have to snowplow when I turn anymore. I've gotten good enough that I can flip my skis like professionals. It makes it faster. And then I do this wipeout move except I don't wipe out, and I'd turn around and start skiing backwards. My friends couldn't do it. My friends are slower than me. Dad's faster. Way faster. But I was fast enough that he couldn't spray me with snow like he likes to. Thursday I went to my friend Freddy's house with Austin and we played his Gameboy and we played his Nintendo and his Deer Hunter Monopoly. and then we played with my DS. His mom was really nice to us. She gave us Cheetos. She didn't speak any Spanish to me. I think she didn't want Austin to be left out, not knowing what we were saying. Freddy taught me that with Gameboy games, in the DS, you can pull out this little thing and you can play Gameboy games on the DS. And I wish I knew that because Pokemon Pearl was 20 dollars instead of 39 dollars so I could have bought it at Walmart. Then we had a scary ride home in the snow. It was snowing really hard and our windshield wiper broke. Saturday I had my basketball game and we played Austin's team. And we won 44-19. I scored four points, and had four assists. Austin was really good and so was Conner Haines. If their whole team would have been like them, it would have been a hard game. We played Scripture Chase on Sunday and I got six little candy bars. I gave three of them to Dad for his birthday. For Dad's birthday, we ate pizza and cake. I got him a game where you spin it and you have to put a ball under your neck or arm or someplace and do crazy tricks. We played it. It was cool. But then we threw the balls at each other and we almost lost some. I watched the Superbowl on TV. I was rooting for the Giants and my dad was rooting for the Pats. It looked horrible at the beginning. Both offenses were taken over by the defenses. But in the fourth quarter the Giants scored to make the score 10-7, and then the Pats scored to make the score 14-10, and then fourth and ten, Eli Manning was getting pulled by three guys and almost got sacked but he lobbed one to Tyree, who hadn't had a catch all year except a touchdown in that game. And he caught it with two hands but he was going down, and his left hand went down so he was holding it with one hand against his helmet. Then Eli threw a 17 yard pass to Plexico Burress who was wide open. and then they won. And then Tom Brady got sacked on 4th and 20, and then I knew it was over. I was pretty sad when I heard President Hinckley died. I've been blessing him in my prayers.
Love,
Elliot
Dear Grandma and Grandpa,
I didn't get to go to Joyschool on Tuesday because Bethany's mom hurt her back. I did get to go to Paige's house. I wore my snowsuit there and I wouldn't get out of it the whole time I was at Paige's house. I went up on the mountains with Audrey while Elliot and Dad went skiing and I wasn't very good. It was late, and there was tempting snow outside that I couldn't play in, and I could tell there were a lot of people having more fun than I was. I had a really hard night that night, trying to get back to sleep after they got me into my pajamas. When Paige came over on Thursday we were total couch potatoes. The week before we had been jumping around, running, dressing up, having tea parties.... this week all we wanted to do was sit on the couch and watch TV. But it's been so cold and snowy that everyone just wants to hibernate. Mommy and Daddy can't pull me on my sled through the snow in the front yard anymore because it's too deep for them to run through. On THursday I stayed in Storytime at the library all by myself. I was so proud of me (those were my exact words when I came out, "I was so proud of me!!!") On Friday I went and played with Jonah. Max is living in Jonah's house now because there's too much snow outside, and he is a stinky puppy! I had fun on Sunday at big Primary. I wasn't even sad when Mommy left. They're singing the song "Scripture Power" and I love it. I wanted Mommy to sing it to me and she didn't know it so she had to go look the song up on the Internet. And it was DADDY'S BIRTHDAY!!! We made a cake for him with some candles and we sang "Happy Birthday" a couple of times. I helped Daddy open all of his presents and blow out his candles. I gave him a gift card to Home Depot so he can buy a fun tool. Then we played a game with balls that was really silly and it made me laugh. Then Elliot and Dad started throwing the balls at each other and I ran around telling them to be careful. When it was time to go to bed, everyone in the house was still pretty silly, so Mommy took me up to her chair to rock me, but it was the last couple of minutes of the Superbowl, so we kept hearing Dad and Elliot yelling things downstairs when something good or bad would happen and I kept calling down "Guys, be quiet!" So I couldn't get to bed until the Superbowl was over. Right now my favorite Youtube video to watch is "There's A Party in My Tummy" from Yo Gabba Gabba.
Love,
Cecily

Paige and Cecily relaxing, watching Scooby, and eating peanut butter cups.

This is the weekend that Mary and Nate spent with us. Cecily and Caroline are stuck in the belly of the dragon.

Cec and Anna and Caroline playing with Playdough.

Anna and Cec woke Nate up from his nap by crawling into bed with him.

We cut a couple of inches off of the back of Cecily's hair in the hopes that it would help us to be able to get a comb through it in the morning.


Cecily organized all of the crayons in a row and then called me over and showed me that, "Nobody's taller!"

Our house getting buried in all the snow. I think we've had another 14 inches since I took this picture.

Elliot's Junior Jazz basketball team.

Trent, Kemren, Jarrett, Spencer, Kevin, Kaden, Elliot, and Alex.

Elliot dribbling up the court.

Making a shot.

Getting matched up with the defenders from the other team.

Elliot (number 22) being guarded by Conner Haines, who's in our ward. And Elliot's best friend Austin is in the black 22- they had to play against each other.

Sitting on the bench with his coach, cheering the team on.

Happy Birthday Dad! We had the party a day late because Dad had to work yesterday.

Cecily made her way across the table while we were singing so that she could help to blow out the candles.

And she stayed in the middle of the table to help open presents.

One of Dad's presents was a game like Twister, but you also have to tuck a ball between your chin and shoulder, or other places. But Dad and Elliot liked the balls as weaponry better.
Elliot is playing "The House of the Rising Sun" on the piano, so I went to Youtube and found a music video of it so that he could see what it sounded like. Both he and Cecily started swaying back and forth like this, but with really serious looks on their faces. I didn't catch much of it, by the time I'd grabbed the camera, they were done bopping and swaying.
On Monday for Family Home Evening we wrote thank you cards to people who gave us Christmas and birthday. Tuesday it was our ward ski party night and I didn't want to ski but I still wanted to go, so I went and watched my sister. Cecily was really hyper that night. We watched Ratatouille two or three times and had doughnuts and colored and then she fell asleep in the car on the way there and on the way home. My mom couldn't watch Cecily because she had to teach a class, but I still wouldn't have gone skiing. Wednesday we had piano lessons and I got a new piece out of a book that's too hard for my mom. Then I got sick Thursday from I don't know what. I slept in late and was tired still. I had to skip my cello lesson. I was sick to my stomach and having bad dreams all night. I can't remember the next morning that I wake up screaming about something. Most of the things my mom said were pretty funny, like that I was talking about how I had to give a password to someone. But I was really scared. Friday our bus driver George picked us up and we were really hyper because we just found out who won MLMS Idol and we got near the Credit Union and he pulled over and said he wouldn't drive until we settled down. I guess he thought we were going wacko. So then we settled down and he stopped again for a while. So most people got off at the first stop and walked home. I walked to my friend's house and got a ride home with my other friend to our house. Saturday I was lazy. It was cold so I was lazy. The only time I went outside was to go to someone's baby shower. It was for Sister Sheli Field, she's the Young Women's secretary and she's going to have a boy. It was kind of fun and kind of boring. We gave her rattle booties, long sleeved onesies and chocolate. Sunday I wore a skirt that my mom got gave me for watching Cecily on Tuesday. Everyone was feeling crazy because of the Superbowl. I made the cake for my dad's birthday. I didn't make the cheesecakey part, but I made the frosting and the chocolate cake part. It was good. I got Dad a new pair of slippers. They are so comfy. We played Elliot's game that he got for Dad and it was fun. Cecily had fun. It was fun to sit and watch her do it. I was sad that President Hinckley died because he's the only prophet I know. I remember the "Be's" the best about him. And that he didn't look like he was that old. He just looked like a cute little man.
Love you.
Audrey
Dear Grandma and Grandpa,
We went skiing with our ward and some other wards. I skied with Kaden, Spencer, and Dad. Kaden and Spencer aren't in our ward. I don't have to snowplow when I turn anymore. I've gotten good enough that I can flip my skis like professionals. It makes it faster. And then I do this wipeout move except I don't wipe out, and I'd turn around and start skiing backwards. My friends couldn't do it. My friends are slower than me. Dad's faster. Way faster. But I was fast enough that he couldn't spray me with snow like he likes to. Thursday I went to my friend Freddy's house with Austin and we played his Gameboy and we played his Nintendo and his Deer Hunter Monopoly. and then we played with my DS. His mom was really nice to us. She gave us Cheetos. She didn't speak any Spanish to me. I think she didn't want Austin to be left out, not knowing what we were saying. Freddy taught me that with Gameboy games, in the DS, you can pull out this little thing and you can play Gameboy games on the DS. And I wish I knew that because Pokemon Pearl was 20 dollars instead of 39 dollars so I could have bought it at Walmart. Then we had a scary ride home in the snow. It was snowing really hard and our windshield wiper broke. Saturday I had my basketball game and we played Austin's team. And we won 44-19. I scored four points, and had four assists. Austin was really good and so was Conner Haines. If their whole team would have been like them, it would have been a hard game. We played Scripture Chase on Sunday and I got six little candy bars. I gave three of them to Dad for his birthday. For Dad's birthday, we ate pizza and cake. I got him a game where you spin it and you have to put a ball under your neck or arm or someplace and do crazy tricks. We played it. It was cool. But then we threw the balls at each other and we almost lost some. I watched the Superbowl on TV. I was rooting for the Giants and my dad was rooting for the Pats. It looked horrible at the beginning. Both offenses were taken over by the defenses. But in the fourth quarter the Giants scored to make the score 10-7, and then the Pats scored to make the score 14-10, and then fourth and ten, Eli Manning was getting pulled by three guys and almost got sacked but he lobbed one to Tyree, who hadn't had a catch all year except a touchdown in that game. And he caught it with two hands but he was going down, and his left hand went down so he was holding it with one hand against his helmet. Then Eli threw a 17 yard pass to Plexico Burress who was wide open. and then they won. And then Tom Brady got sacked on 4th and 20, and then I knew it was over. I was pretty sad when I heard President Hinckley died. I've been blessing him in my prayers.
Love,
Elliot
Dear Grandma and Grandpa,
I didn't get to go to Joyschool on Tuesday because Bethany's mom hurt her back. I did get to go to Paige's house. I wore my snowsuit there and I wouldn't get out of it the whole time I was at Paige's house. I went up on the mountains with Audrey while Elliot and Dad went skiing and I wasn't very good. It was late, and there was tempting snow outside that I couldn't play in, and I could tell there were a lot of people having more fun than I was. I had a really hard night that night, trying to get back to sleep after they got me into my pajamas. When Paige came over on Thursday we were total couch potatoes. The week before we had been jumping around, running, dressing up, having tea parties.... this week all we wanted to do was sit on the couch and watch TV. But it's been so cold and snowy that everyone just wants to hibernate. Mommy and Daddy can't pull me on my sled through the snow in the front yard anymore because it's too deep for them to run through. On THursday I stayed in Storytime at the library all by myself. I was so proud of me (those were my exact words when I came out, "I was so proud of me!!!") On Friday I went and played with Jonah. Max is living in Jonah's house now because there's too much snow outside, and he is a stinky puppy! I had fun on Sunday at big Primary. I wasn't even sad when Mommy left. They're singing the song "Scripture Power" and I love it. I wanted Mommy to sing it to me and she didn't know it so she had to go look the song up on the Internet. And it was DADDY'S BIRTHDAY!!! We made a cake for him with some candles and we sang "Happy Birthday" a couple of times. I helped Daddy open all of his presents and blow out his candles. I gave him a gift card to Home Depot so he can buy a fun tool. Then we played a game with balls that was really silly and it made me laugh. Then Elliot and Dad started throwing the balls at each other and I ran around telling them to be careful. When it was time to go to bed, everyone in the house was still pretty silly, so Mommy took me up to her chair to rock me, but it was the last couple of minutes of the Superbowl, so we kept hearing Dad and Elliot yelling things downstairs when something good or bad would happen and I kept calling down "Guys, be quiet!" So I couldn't get to bed until the Superbowl was over. Right now my favorite Youtube video to watch is "There's A Party in My Tummy" from Yo Gabba Gabba.
Love,
Cecily

Paige and Cecily relaxing, watching Scooby, and eating peanut butter cups.

This is the weekend that Mary and Nate spent with us. Cecily and Caroline are stuck in the belly of the dragon.

Cec and Anna and Caroline playing with Playdough.

Anna and Cec woke Nate up from his nap by crawling into bed with him.

We cut a couple of inches off of the back of Cecily's hair in the hopes that it would help us to be able to get a comb through it in the morning.


Cecily organized all of the crayons in a row and then called me over and showed me that, "Nobody's taller!"

Our house getting buried in all the snow. I think we've had another 14 inches since I took this picture.

Elliot's Junior Jazz basketball team.

Trent, Kemren, Jarrett, Spencer, Kevin, Kaden, Elliot, and Alex.

Elliot dribbling up the court.

Making a shot.

Getting matched up with the defenders from the other team.

Elliot (number 22) being guarded by Conner Haines, who's in our ward. And Elliot's best friend Austin is in the black 22- they had to play against each other.

Sitting on the bench with his coach, cheering the team on.

Happy Birthday Dad! We had the party a day late because Dad had to work yesterday.

Cecily made her way across the table while we were singing so that she could help to blow out the candles.

And she stayed in the middle of the table to help open presents.

One of Dad's presents was a game like Twister, but you also have to tuck a ball between your chin and shoulder, or other places. But Dad and Elliot liked the balls as weaponry better.
Elliot is playing "The House of the Rising Sun" on the piano, so I went to Youtube and found a music video of it so that he could see what it sounded like. Both he and Cecily started swaying back and forth like this, but with really serious looks on their faces. I didn't catch much of it, by the time I'd grabbed the camera, they were done bopping and swaying.

1 Comments:
You've made us all jealous out here. Scott is jealous of all the snow ou have. Patrick is jealous of Elliot's Junior Jazz. Ella is jealous that Cec got to play with her cousins and I am jealous of that neat Dragon Tent.
Post a Comment
<< Home