Feb 24

Cecily loves it when Elliot reads with her. Especially the book "Bad Kitty" because he makes so many funny yucky noises.

We went to visit Grandma and Grandpa and their mission in the Church Office Building in Salt Lake. Here are the kids and Grandpa on top of the building.

Here is Grandpa's office where he helps decide where some people go on their missions.

This is Francisca. She's 15 and she's from Chile. Dad baptized her mom when he was on his mission. Actually, he didn't baptize her, I think he taught their family and baptized her parents but she was baptized a couple of months later, or something like that. But they have always stayed in touch, and Dad is the one that Francisca's mom talks about as being the one who found them and introduced them to the church, so when Francisca came to visit Utah, we spent a night with her.



Elliot after his mole removal surgery. He still has a dark little scar, but he can see better.

Another monster snowstorm, but this was the last one. It made for an impressive pile of snow in our front yard.

Dad was soooo grateful for snowblowers.
I know, we're out of order. Sorry.
Dear Grandma and Grandpa,
We were supposed to have a concert two weeks ago but it got snowed out, or snowed in, or whatever, so they canceled it and they set it for the next Wednesday, which was worse. Because we had so much stuff going on that day that the box of the calendar couldn't be filled up anymore. At the concert we weren't prepared. We went too fast on the first song because we had to repeat it and the second song was bad. It was definitely not the greatest concert we've done. We went to Grandma and Grandpa Willmore's house Sunday night and on Monday we went to their missionary headquarters which was the Church Office Building. And helped for a bit and then we went around and got a tour of the conference center and they have new paintings of the general authorities, except for Elder Cook, his isn't done yet. I thought the funnest thing was going to see the Conference Center and going to the cafeteria. Then we went and met Francisca and she spoke really good English. Dad didn't baptize her, but he almost baptized her mom. He taught her and then she got baptized after he got transferred. But she still loves my dad. We went out to eat at IHOP and to the temple. I finished my project for History and now I just have to present it. I'm glad I got it done early, but I want to see how the competition goes. I think my information is interesting. People liked the tombstones and the information when I presented it for my class. I babysat last night and the night before. It was fun. I even wanted to miss my YW party. The little girl wanted me to talk to her today at church but I had to go to my class. I had to give a talk in church today. It was okay. It was on choice and accountability. Lots of people said I did a good job, but I didn't really think I did that well.
Love,
Audrey
Dear Grandma and Grandpa,
on Valentines Day, I got lots of treats and I gave lots of treats out. My mole is getting better. You can't even really see anything anymore. We wrote a book for Mrs. Kelley's birthday and we were all supposed to do something that we wanted to do so it was a crazy book. We laughed really hard when we read it out loud. I got twelve points in our basketball game, but we lost by two points. And this guy, he was going under the basket, but instead of looking back he just flung it over his head. I thought it was lucky, but he must have practiced on that shot. Then Jarrett made a half-court shot and I got the rebound right as the buzzer rang. If there had been one more second, I could have tied the game. We went to Grandma and Grandpa Willmore's to visit their mission. On President's Day. The funnest part was probably eating lunch. It was fun to ride the train and Mom made this game while she cut out some missionaries that needed to be pinned out, and she said, "Okay, guess where Guatemala needs to go." And it was really fun. It was fun to be on top of the church building. I saw the capital again. Then we met Francisca. And we went to IHOP with her and she spoke really good English and Spanish. She was nice. I understood when she spoke SPanish but I didn't know what to say back. I had pack meeting on Wednesday and I got my Webelo and Faith In God awards. It was cool. Then I got to pin this thing on Dad since my mom wasn't there. She was at Audrey's concert. On Thursday I had basketball practice and soccer practice. In basketball I made a half-court shot and a three pointer, and Jarrett made an NBA three pointer. About half of my team was new for soccer. Luis, Danny, Alex P, I didn't know. It wasn't that hard to get back into the habit of soccer. Our basketball game on Saturday went well. I scored eight points, I got three rebounds and four assists. And we won 51 to 24. And we would have been 49, but at the buzzer, SPencer made a half-court shot. I wish they would count them in our games for three points. They don't do that though. They don't think a player could. Then I went to my soccer tournament. First we played a team from that Alex said was from Maryland, but my mom doesn't believe him. We won. I didn't score a goal. Second game we played against a team we played in the fall. They were Soccer Academy. We won. I didn't score. I let in a goal because I was goalie and they had a good guy who kicked off from midfield into the goal, because we were playing with adult goals and they were too tall. I couldn't even reach it if I jumped. But our team did the same thing to them. Luis kicked it and it went in their goal. The next game we played was against La Roca and they were really good. We tied, 1 to 1. Then the next two games were against girls, and the first one we won 5-1, the second one we won 1-0. It was fun. I only let in that one goal as a goalie. My favorite position was defensive center. I think I want to take over that position from Alex. Right now I have a black eye and my other eyebrow is scuffed because I must be playing too rough lately. Love you.
Elliot
Dear Grandma and Grandpa,
I've been playing with a lot of my friends. I had fun at Grandma and Grandpa's, but it was a pretty long day. I fell asleep right before we met Francisca, and I wasn't ever very nice to her. Audrey and Elliot had super-busy weeks, and I basically got hauled around to everything they did. And to everything that Mom did. She tried to do some 5th grade art lessons with me, and the kids watched me more than her because I'm sillier and cuter. I went to four out of five of Elliot's soccer games and then I gave out and Mom had to take me home. Mom's so frazzled by the last couple of weeks that she can't even remember very well all of the cute things that I've done. There were plenty. Maybe she'll remember some of them after a restful week in Mexico.
Cecily

1 Comments:
I love all the new pictures. We can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks!!
Post a Comment
<< Home