April 27

This is what Elliot has been doing all week. Reading Fablehaven III.

Cecily was scared of and fascinated by the witch Muriel at the launch party. See how she's even clinging to dad with her toes?

After Taylor and Elliot got their books signed, they ran out into the hall and took a look at the signatures. A lady who was there doing publicity thought it was cute and took their picture. And so did I.

A very scary looking centaur. Can you see the veins bulging on his biceps?

Elliot and Taylor meeting the illustrator.

And meeting and talking to Brandon Mull himself.

Muriel the witch- very scary.

One of the knights of the new dawn- also very scary.
Dear Grandma and Grandpa,
On Monday we got to go to Elliot's soccer game for Family Home Evening. It was over in Brigham City. I was happy to be there sometimes, and angry that we were there sometimes. Afterwards, all of the boys went to McDonald's and we got to play on the slides. I had fun, even though those boys were pretty crazy. Danny rode home with us and I like Danny. We went to the store and I got some new pink flipflops. We were at Walmart, and I was grumpy, and Mommy had to choose between getting me the flipflops or one of those little Jeep cars for kids. On Wednesday I went to Paige's house. Paige wasn't awake yet, so I played by myself for a while. It was a yucky day with lots of rain. Paige came back to my house to play and we played in the dragon tent. We are doing better at playing by ourselves without Mommy's help. We put all of the stuffed animals and all of the shoes that were sitting by the front door in the dragon tent with us. The next day Paige came over to play again. This time Mommy built us a kitty cave out of the sleeping mats and we had a lot of fun going to sleep and waking up in our kitty cave. On Friday I went to Jonah's house while Audrey went to parent teacher conference, and I was so mad when Mommy came back. I didn't get to play long enough. Then we went to Salt Lake to a party for the new Fablehaven book. I got to run around the commons area of Cottonwood High while the other kids did their activities. And the witch Muriel was there, and I was scared of and fascinated by her. We have had a lot of discussions about Muriel, and about how she is stuck at the party and she can't come to my house. And Audrey found the book _The Three Little Pigs_ and read it to me, so we also have to talk about the wolf, and the fact that he's stuck in the book. We got home really late Friday night, so I didn't wake up in time for Elliot's soccer game Saturday morning. When they got home from the game at 11:30, I was just waking up! Audrey and Elliot made me a picnic and took me to the park. And I was so good today in church, even though I had to come up and sing with Mommy and the choir. I went right to big Primary. This week I sneezed and told Daddy that I had a "bless you". My prayers have also become longer and more expressive. Besides praying over and over for a DS a couple of weeks ago, I have asked for a blessing on just about every kind of food that we have in our kitchen. Also, at the dinner table one night, I prayed for the poops, that they would come out. Even Daddy had a hard time not laughing. I can't wait until I can see you and offer whatever prayer is necessary.
Cecily
Dear Grandma and Grandpa,
On Monday we went to a soccer game in Brigham City. It was okay, it wasn't the best soccer game that I've seen. They won but the referee was sort of weird. Tuesday we had a meeting for camp. I didn't really find out anything new about camp. I'm excited to go. I was kind of sad that I didn't get to go last year, but I think other stuff made up for it. Wednesday I had piano lessons. I did my English end-of-level tests. I have powder puff football games this week. I play tight end and linebacker. I'm not sure. I wasn't here for a lot of practices because I was sick. Friday I didn't have school because of parent teacher conferences. At parent teacher conferences my teachers said I needed to make up some things from being sick. Miss Nielsen said I'm really nice and reliable. We went to the Fablehaven party which was down at Cottonwood High in Salt Lake. I didn't get any souvenirs or do any activities because I thought they were too expensive. I mostly hung around with my dad and sister. The fairy t-shirts just didn't look very good. Yesterday I didn't want to go to Elliot's soccer game and Cecily was still asleep so somebody needed to stay home, so I stayed home. She was asleep for most of the time. I mostly just sat and watched TV. Elliot and I took Cecily down for a picnic and then I went and played tennis with Dad. It was fun. We didn't really keep score. We just played back and forth. I was called as the choir secretary. I have to bring the choir books to choir practice and hand them out and keep the music in them that we're singing. And I have to make sure when people check out music that they bring it back.
Love you.
Audrey
Dear Grandma and Grandpa,
On MOnday we had to go down to Brigham City to play the Hurricanes in soccer. We won 6 to 1. Then, after that, we went to McDonalds and I didn't get a kids meal, I got a real burger and I ate the whole thing and some fries and a drink. And Danny got to drive home with me. On Tuesday I made Virginia Fudge from Grandma Parnell's recipe for Mrs. Kelley, because it was Teacher Appreciation and we were supposed to make something for her. She liked it. Wednesday I had piano lessons and we worked on my Harry Potter piece and I passed off all my other pieces. Thursday I had Pack Meeting. And we made paper airplanes and had a contest of whose could go farthest and highest and the first time I won the farthest, and then the first one on the high contest I won, and the second far contest I won and the second high contest I didn't win. But I won three times overall. On Friday I got to go down to Salt Lake for the third Fablehaven launch party. And they had this first thing where they like talked about the books and had Brandon Mull come out and talk about the books and they did a drawing and people won water bottles and safety kits and emergency backpacks, and one person won a foosball table. And they said that Fablehaven was going to be made into a movie. And my mom bought me a shirt and the second Fablehaven, because we didn't have the second, only the first and the third. And I got my picture taken with my face being a centaur. And also with the witch and some knights of the dawn. And Taylor went with me because he likes Fablehaven too and we waited in line forever to get Brandon Mull's signing. And we went out of line because they had letters and when they called your letter you came up, and they were out of letters. So we just had to wait until the end, but instead we just went out of order because there wasn't anybody left. And they didn't even get to our letter yet. So lots of people went out of line. I thought it was cool to meet Brandon Mull and we got our books signed and we met the illustrator and he signed a poster. Mostly the whole night was my favorite. I had a game on Saturday against the Hot Shots, who beat us last year, and we did really good, better than last year. And we won 3-2. It was just really fun to see us beat all three teams that beat us last year and hopefully we can do it to all three teams again. I'd say we can maybe to probably do that. Then me and Audrey took Cec to the park. It was really fun. I played a little bit of soccer and I played on the tire swing. And I played with Austin. And I didn't watch the Jazz game because I'm doing this thing where you're not supposed to play video games or watch TV for one week. It's been really hard. The hardest part has been not watching Jazz games, and the DS. Because they can't do this to kids who like basketball during the playoffs! It's just torture. And it was really hard with the DS on the day that it was snowing. Instead I've been reading all week. I've really gotten into the third book of Fablehaven and today I've read 115 pages total. I just barely got this book on Monday because it just came out. Taylor went after we went and they were already sold out, so we made a good choice to buy it the day it came out. Love you and miss you.
Elliot

1 Comments:
I guess next time I come to Logan I'll have to borrow your new book. It looks like you had a fun time meeting the author. It's so great your mom takes you to things like that.
Post a Comment
<< Home