Tuesday, May 20, 2008

May 18

Dear Grandma and Grandpa,

On Friday I had a Mexican field trip that I went to. We went to a Mexican restaurant and had Mexican food. I had a tostada with rice and beans sopillos. They were good. The tostada was a little different, because they put meat on theirs. Cecilia doesn't put meat on hers. I actually kind of like that better. But I like our tuna one just fine. We had all the 8th grade Spanish classes. We were pretty good. I sat with Brooklyn and Emily and Nathan and Eric Ermer. I had to do a egg drop project for science with my friend Jenny Budge. The first one we did didn't work and the egg broke. We dropped it off of her deck. But the second one didn't. We put the egg in a cottage cheese thing with a mixture of peanut butter and cream cheese. Then we wrapped that in bubble wrap and put it in a bigger box with some popcorn. We're supposed to test it in class this week. On Saturday I went to babysit someone in the morning and in the evening, but they decided not to go in the evening. Their dog thought I was a stranger, and he scratched me for a while so I put him in his pen. We had lunch but Jack Jack didn't eat much. I fed the dog some apples. He liked them. Then I finally got the dog out and he was nice to me. My brother was home alone with my sister so I had to take Jack Jack up to our house to help him. I got to meet my cousin Lilly a few times this week. She's always cute. It's funny when she's asleep and she makes faces. We had a picnic with Grandpa Parnell on Saturday night at Jacob's house. They had the pool out and I just went wading. Cecily and Jonah and Gracie and Elliot got in and played. We had shish-kabobs. On Sunday we went on a walk and it was nice weather. My mom and my brother went to see someone during the walk and we went before them and they came home a lot later- the little stinkers. On Wednesday I'm going to Lagoon and I'll get to see Jacob. It's just a coincidence. His school's going the same day.

Love you.

Audrey

Dear Grandma and Grandpa,

It took me a couple of days getting over getting sick on Sunday. Not physically- I was fine- but suddenly Mommy didn't want to sit on the chair rocking me all day and that took some getting used to. I got to see baby Lilly a couple of times, but from afar. I touched her toes and they are so small. All of her is so small. On Thursday, Elliot had a soccer practice in Providence, and Audrey had to go to a friend's house on Cliffside to work on a school project, so Mommy and I just stayed at Elliot's soccer practice and had dinner there. It was fun to run through the grass with my bare toes. I got to play with Alex B's little sisters. One of them told me that she's Gracie's "BFF" (Best Friend Forever). On Friday Mommy left to go to Park City and I played with Lilly (big Lilly) and Jack Jack while Audrey came home from school. They had two friends over, and my friend Ginny from Joyschool. They didn't have a swimming pool, so their mom let us fill about 15 bowls with water. We went around sticking different body parts in them. Their mom, Kelly, said that I was very nice to Jack Jack and kept getting after the girls when they weren't nice to him. The next morning I went to Elliot's soccer game with Dad and Elliot. Dad had to go to work at 12, and Audrey was supposed to be home from babysitting, but Jack Jack's mom was late. Mom called Elliot to see if he would be okay watching me for a while by himself, and he said he would be. And then he called Mommy every ten minutes to see if Audrey was coming yet. We got to go to Emma and Gracie's house that night and have a barbecue. Grandpa Parnell slept at our house. I wanted to sleep in the basement with him but Mommy wouldn't let me. So I was mad at her and at Grandpa, and it wasn't even Grandpa's fault. I had a rough Sunday. Mommy had to ambush dress me again. We were late to church- Mommy had sent Audrey and Elliot ahead. We would have been even later, but while we were walking down, Lynaea's mom gave us a ride. In sacrament meeting I kept pointing across the chapel and telling Mommy that I could see Abby. And Mommy kept telling me that it was probably just someone who looked like Abby, because she was pretty sure Abby wasn't there. Then, when we got to Primary, I pointed to my friend Abby that was sitting next to me and said, "See Mommy, Abby's here!" Mommy was so sure I was talking about Abby Wyatt that she forgot there were other Abbys in the world. We went for a walk that night and I made Daddy carry me piggy back the whole way. We saw my teacher Collette in her yard and I was so excited. I'm lucky to have such a fun Primary teacher.

Love,

Cecily

Dear Grandma and Grandpa,

This week I met Baby Lilly. She was really cute. She won the award for being the cutest baby in the nursery at the hospital. I thought that was cool. On Monday we played the Panthers. We won 11-1. We won by ten. I was practicing for my orchestra concert all week. It was fun to perform for the whole school. When we said we were going to do Pirates of the Caribbean, they cheered really loudly. The Jazz lost the series to the Lakers. I'm sad they didn't have to go as far, because instead they had to face the number one team. My class went on a field trip to the American West Heritage Center. We learned about the pioneers, mountain men, and Indians. On Saturday we had a game that was my only shutout game. The score was 6-0. All the other games they've scored on me. I had to watch Cec by myself. It was hard because she was really a stinker. We went to Jacob and Kara's house for a barbecue. The food was good. We had shish-kabobs. And we had marshmallows, we roasted them. Grandpa came home and stayed. On our family walk we went to the Wilsons' house and Brother Wilson showed us lots of animal skins and animal heads and elephant tusks and elephant feet and walrus tusks. It was really cool. He knew Great Grandpa Willmore. We're somehow related. His grandma and my great great great grandma are sisters or something like that. He showed us a picture. Love you. Miss you.

Elliot

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home