May 4

Audrey played flag football for a week this spring after school- when the weather would permit them. Their team was the "Yellow Bellies". Audrey's in front, Markay is behind her, and Audrey's friend Shalyn is in the back in the yellow.

Cec got hungry and we had to run to McDonalds.

Audrey trying to block for the quarterback- Jordan. To the left, in the back, you can see the three boys who were their team's coaches.

Elliot meets Baby Luke.

Elliot and Nathan meet the dessert table.

Elliot and Nathan were saying the names of different sports teams and players to see who Luke likes and doesn't like, based on his reaction to that name.

Audrey and Jacob and Luke.

I'm not sure if this picture fits in this week or next, but it's Harriet and Cecily at the part in Bountiful, when Mary brought them back up after spending the week.
Dear Grandma and Grandpa,
All week this week I played Powderpuff except for Wednesday and Thursday, because it was bad weather. We have won three games and lost two games, so we've played a total of five. The first game we probably should have beaten them. They were kind of cheating because one of the girls would tie her flag so when you pulled on it it wouldn't come off. And we scored and they said there was some weird rule and it got taken back. In Young Women's I made my mom's mother's day present. It's really cute but I can't say what it is. It was okay. Lindsey and Emily weren't there. We're still doing end-of-levels. I don't like those tests. We had English a while ago and now we have Science and we'll do Math next week. I went to Elliot's game on Monday. It wasn't that boring because I'm used to watching soccer. It's better than football. Afterwards we went to a Mexican restaurant and got some Mexican-style shaved ice. I got mango and it was good, but it was really sweet and I couldn't finish it all. We also got chicharrones. They had chili pepper on them. We should have gotten the big square thing with hot sauce. We went down to Grandma and Grandpa Parnell's. We had a baby blessing so we thought we might as well visit other people. I stayed over with Abby and we went to Miss Ephraim. Rachel someone won. It was kind of weird. Ally did a good job. She wasn't in the competition, but she was singing in something right before the judges announced. I stayed the night with Abby. We stayed up late talking and eating popcorn. We also woke up late and at 7 her dad blasted the radio throughout the house so everyone would be awake. Then we drove up to the baby blessing. We played my DS for a while and messed around with my phone. We took weird silly pictures of them (Abby and Naomi) and we did a couple of videos. There were five baby blessings and they had to set out more chairs and the sacrament took forever so we had to wait 15 minutes after. We had food afterwards. There were tons of desserts. The salad Abby's mom made was really good, even though it had mushrooms in it. Then we came home. Love you. Bye.
Audrey
Dear Grandma and Grandpa,
On Monday we played soccer. We did really good. We won, and the score was 3-2. There was this one time where they were coming at me, because it was a kind of corner kick type thing, and it bounced off one of my players to the opposite team's feet, and I went out and then went back in because there was a guy to pass to and he wasn't offsides, so I went back in, but he kicked it right to me, and I swept my legs out and caught it and all the parents cheered. Afterwards we and got icees and the flavor I got was lemon and it was really good, but after a while it started tasting bad, because lemon was tart. I started eating chips and everyone else did too. Then we had three refills of chips and salsa. They were just good, and we put salt on the chips and the salsa was really good. I told my mom we needed to come back. Mario's dad Mario owned it. For scouts we're doing artist, we're trying to get the badge, so we started off with watercolors, and Sister Gerber became a new leader, and so she taught us how you can do different things with watercolors. You can get the brush wet first and smear the paint, or get it really wet and wipe the paint out. At soccer practice, big Mario worked with me at goalie for like an hour, which is unusual. And Dad worked with me out on the field. I was feeling kind of nervous out on the field. Then we played a game and it was Zach, Alex B, Alex C Danny, and Mitch against Kaden, Alexis, Mario, JC, Juli, and me and soon Jorge went on Zach's team. And Mario's son, little Mario's brother, he was on our team. Jorge and little Mario's brother were good at passing. They didn't score. They wanted to pass to the kids. Saturday we had a game against Soccer Academy. We're starting to play everybody again, we'll play everybody twice. We won. The score was 6-0. But for the last little while, they pulled me out and put Zach, my backup, as the goal, and he did good. And I think I did pretty good on the field too, and one time Mario kicked it to the goalie, and it bounced, and I followed up and kicked it into the goal and since Stuart left, I had to be the full-time goalie, so I never thought I would score a goal, but I did. It was kind of exciting. Then I went down to Grandma and Grandpa's. Mary and Nate took me to the movie, "Ironman" and I thought it was really good. But a few times in the movie I found myself stiff (as iron!) because it was kind of scary. This morning we went up to Luke's baby blessing. They had like five baby blessings and we were the second. He was just pretty cute. And me and Nathan were telling him teams in basketball and all the sports and players and sometimes he smiled and sometimes he nodded his head and cried, so it was kind of funny. He liked Carlos Boozer, but on Pau Gasol, he started shaking his head. So he probably doesn't like Pau Gasol. I don't seriously like him either. He almost ruined things for the Jazz. The food was good. There was like a lot of desserts. Two kinds of cupcakes, three cakes, five pies...... it was, oh boy... Then there was a lot of yummy food like chips and fluff and salad and fruit like watermelon and strawberries. It was all just really good. It was a good meal. My mom was talking to Don's sister in law, and she thought that me and Nate were brothers, and my mom said, "No, but they sure wish they could be." Grandma and Grandpa Willmore, you won't be able to see my soccer game on the 19th, because I have to go to practice bass during the game. Sorry. Love you. Miss you.
Elliot
Dear Grandma and Grandpa,
We had a revolving door of friends over this week. I played with Paige and Jonah and Lynaea, and Lilly. And that doesn't even include music class and Joyschool. I went and watched one of Audrey's Powderpuff football games, but I got distracted by the McDonald's next door, and Mommy had to buy me a HappyMeal. I'm having a little bit of trouble getting to the toilet now that the weather has gotten warmer. It's just so much work to get inside to the bathroom when I'm enjoying myself in the sandbox. I woke up Friday morning a little late, and I was just sobbing. I told Mommy that I'd had a bad dream- that I was at Anna and Caroline's house and I couldn't find anyone there. I just cried and cried. We called Mary to tell her about it, and she said that I could come and stay with Anna and Caroline for a while and play, just to show me that they are, in fact, at their house. I was so excited. As soon as Elliot's soccer game was over on Saturday, we got in the car and headed down to Grandma's house. I fought in the car on the way down with Elliot. I was so excited to get to Grandma and Grandpa's house. Anna and Caroline were already there. We played on the swings and outside and with the toys, and Caroline and I even played a couple of duets on the piano, but we had to make it very clear that the bottom half of the piano was Caroline's half, and the top half was my half. After a while we were making Grandma tired so she went in to lie down. Audrey went to Abby's house and Mary and Elliot left to meet Nate at the movie. My mom gave the three of us a bath together, and she put half of the tea party dishes in there too, with lots of bubbles, and we washed them. She kept coming up to check on us to see if we wanted to get out yet, and we didn't. Once Anna started to cry because she wanted someone else's dish, and my mom came up and said if she was sad she'd have to get out, so she gave my mom a very sad, very fake smile. When I finally told my mom I was ready to get out, she came up and we were all shivering because the water had gotten so cold. So we snuggled in our towels and watched "Monsters Inc" until we were warm enough to get dressed. Then we came downstairs for a snack, and Mommy told us we couldn't go snuggle with Grandma, but we could just open the door a little bit and poke our heads in and say hi to her. So we each did that about seven times. When Mary and Nate came back and it was time to leave I panicked and told Mommy I didn't want to go, but Nate said I only cried for a couple of minutes, and then I remembered that I was so excited to spend a few days with Anna and Caroline!
Love,
Cecily

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home