August 31

Two princesses and a cowgirl having a picnic.

Our cowgirl- or, campesina.

Cecily taking each stuffed animal our of her basket and handing them all to Myrle.
Dear Grandma and Grandpa,
My life's just been boring, that's all. On Wednesday we had a Daddy Daughter date. We went to First Dam. I went canoing with Amy, because Daddy didn't want to canoe and Amy needed a partner. We had dinner and then we played a game to get to know us where we had to write down two truths and one lie and we had to guess the lie. I went swimming with Jacob and Kara's kids. It was okay. Nothing interesting happened at school. I mostly hang around with the same people as last year. I got my student ID. I didn't like the picture. At Great Harvest they have some really good brownies, so my mom decided we should make them ourselves, and they're really good but they're really really really rich. Today we had dinner with Myrle. She came over because she retired and we wanted to see her. Elliot and I both played the piano for her.
Love you,
Audrey
Dear Grandma and Grandpa,
Wednesday I had a soccer game in Mendon. We killed the other team, 19 to 0. Alex said our coach was really mad we didn't get to twenty. I didn't even play goalie for half of it. I was a defender the second half. I like being a defender. But midfielder is good too, because then I get more chances to get up and score. With defender, you're a stay back and defend person. I think I'm pretty good at it, but I'd prefer to be able to score. For Pack Meeting we launched our rockets. It was really fun. Mine went high, but not as high as other people's, because the three best-dressed Scouts got an engine that would like blow the rocket up farther. And I wasn't one of the best dressed, which I thought was weird, because I thought either me or Eric would be chosen because we had tan shirts. But we had shorts on. School's just school. I was going to watch the UNLV game, but it wasn't on. But the Aggie's lost. They did better than the Las Vegas line, though. They said UNLV would win by 12 1/2 points, but they won by only 10. Hah. I don't know what they mean by 12 1/2 points, either. You can't score half a point! I'm sad that there's no more Olympics. Now there's only Cyberchase and Ruff Ruffman to watch. I've been watching some golf and tennis. We had Myrle over for dinner and she brought some salad and some really yummy salad dressing. I picked the raspberry salad dressing and it was really good. And then I played my one page of "Canon" for her. She's just nice and funny. I'm excited to maybe play with Austin tomorrow. And maybe go play tennis with Jacob if it stops raining.
Love you.
Elliot
Dear Grandma and Grandpa,
I still really miss the kids when they go to school. I wanted to have friends over every day all week. Paige and Laura came over this week and we had a picnic outside. Then we ran around the house screaming that there was a tiger. When we wanted to be safe, we ran out into the garage and got in the car. It was kind of hard for Paigey, because she was wearing my dress-up high-heels. I also played with Kiki- she's moving next week. We went out and played in the sand box and we found some treasures. Then when her sister and her cousins came to pick her up, they were jealous of our treasures, and my mommy had to go find them some more. Then I went to Elliot's game and I got to play with Ashley. Ashley's my little Mexican friend who doesn't speak any English. But we have so much fun jabbering away at each other. They had a really fun play house at the Mendon park. Yesterday, Audrey took me for a trip on the bus down to the library. We had a lot of fun. And today Myrle came. I brought down my whole basket full of stuffed animals and had her hold all of them as I took them, one by one, out of the basket. And the best news is that Dee is done pouring his sidewalk and now I can ride my trike all the way down our road to Laura's house and back around and end up right across the street from our house! I love it. But I still might die of boredom. I might need to go down and visit Anna and Caroline or something....
Love,
Cecily

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home