Sunday, March 25, 2007

March 25

Dear Grandma and Grandpa,

I love being in my sandbox. I wake up every morning asking if I can go outside to play. After every nap and every night Mommy and Daddy have to shake out my bed because it is usually covered with sand. Laura came over and visited this week while she and her mom were taking their dog out to go potty. Laura is my friend who came from China and was adopted by her family. She is about six months older than me by birthday, but they really don't know when her birthday was, because she was left at an orphanage, and she really seems like she's more like a year older than me. She was having a lot of fun acting like the older wiser person while we played. She kept "taking care" of me and letting me know when I was doing something I wasn't supposed to, and when I was going to get hurt. We played ring around the rosies and we got grass all over our jackets because the grass in our yard is still dormant and dead. I also spent a lot of time outside when Paige and Lydia came over to play. Paige and I both love to swing, so we learned out to say "Paige's turn, Cecily's turn...." It was so fun and warm outside. I phoned Grandma Parnell and thought about singing Happy Birthday to her, but I ended up talking to her about the naughty fish that's in Finding Nemo. I sang Happy Birthday to her over and over and over for a few days afterwards, but just wouldn't do it on the phone. I kept reminding Mommy, too, that Grandma has an oucher on her belly and she has to lay down on her pillows and we need to give her a kiss to get better. On Saturday Daddy's friend Kent and his family came to our house to play. We played in the yard and then we went to the park. We got to feed the ducks. We also played on the slide and I ate a whole half of a slice of pizza! Then, that night, Mommy and Audrey went down to conference so I went to Jonah's house to play. Jonah and I got into the mud and painted the back door. Jacob took a picture of us and then stuck us in the bath. Today in church I was really having a hard time being reverent. I could see all of my favorite teachers- Collette, Jamie, Amberly, Marky's Daddy- and I really wanted to finish Sacrament Meeting and go to nursery, but Daddy said we couldn't go to nursery until Brother Johnson was done giving his talk, so I got really upset and screamed at Brother Johnson and said, "No, white man!!!! No, white man!!!" (Brother Johnson has white hair.....) I was furious. Mommy and Audrey and Elliot were laughing so hard at me that Daddy was getting mad. I didn't think it was very funny either. I'm happy now, though, because I've had some cottage cheese and juice and am watching Sleeping Beauty.

Love,

Cecily

Dear Grandma and Grandpa,

I finished reading _Beauty_. My mom made me read it because it's one of her favorite books ever. I thought it was pretty good. We just made this new kind of popcorn that's like carmel, and the leftover carmel we made into carmelized shapes. We played with the Beans. I babysat their youngest named Cate and she fell asleep on me. We went to the zoo and Cate fell asleep there too. She was mad at me for changing her diaper, but it was stinky. Friday night I watched Jacob and Kara's kids and Jonah let me hold him! We went to the playground for a while and had fun. We figured out that on May 19th, I'm spending a whole day down in Ogden because we're being judged- we have a piece we're working on and that conductor will conduct us and we'll have lunch at Gateway. And if we're not good, only the 6th graders will go. We had a big long lecture because some people weren't being respectful and they've done it too many times. We went to the Young Women's conference last night with Abby, Sister Hatch, Jamie and Sister Parson. I thought it was really neat and afterwards we went to Applebees and my mom thought it was funny because my dinner was Weight Watchers but I just thought it sounded good. It was steak and Portobellos with potatoes and broccoli. My mom talked to a guy who was a missionary in France. He said that he liked France very much. Our waitress was from India and she's a member of our church, and she was adopted and two brothers and one sister of hers were adopted with her, and her younger brother is on a mission right now in India and he's the one who gets to open up the place where they were born and where their orphanage was. He's a service missionary. There are only about 50 in India. I liked the first counselor and the second counselor's talk. I liked the story about staying on the path- they were on a dangerous hike with some Young Women and the ranger said they'd get to a point where there are high winds so you go fast and stay on the middle of the path and none of the girls asked if they could go to the edge or stand up or whatever. They knew they'd really get hurt. We should stay on the narrow path instead of going off into temptations because it might be thrilling but it's dangerous.

Love,

Audrey

Dear Grandma and Grandpa,

We had a soccer meeting. Freddy and Stuart are on my team. Spencer and Austin are too. I had fun at the meeting. We talked about you have to have fun or you'll get kicked out. Mom was kind of kidding with that. I need to do my soccer practice and do everything that I'm supposed to because we're learning responsibility for ourselves this year. We went to Austin's house because he didn't come to the meeting because his car died down, so I went to play with him while my mom talked to Austin's mom and Ryan was throwing rocks from the treehouse that they have and Jason was right under the rocks and one hit his head and he had to get stitches. It was kind of scary seeing him. It reminded me of the same thing that happened to me but I didn't ever get to see it because it was on my own head. I didn't have to get stitches though. Mine was more of a scrape. I walked home with Austin and we played a basketball season on his Playstation, and we were North Carolina and we beat everybody and we went on to the National championship and we beat Auburn in the national championship. And North Carolina is still in the playoffs in the real. Real tournament. I watched two games with Jacob last night. And both of my teams that I was rooting for lost. Memphis lost to Ohio State and Kansas lost to UCLA. Kansas does not deserve to lose because they're a good team. They're better than UCLA. THey thought they had an advantage. Maybe they didn't work as hard because they thought they had an advantage. I've noticed that every game I watch at Jacob's house, my team loses. Jacob's house is a curse. No. I just need to watch lots more games with Jacob until somebody wins. My mom and dad taught my class today and we were taught about prayer. When we say our prayers we shouldn't just say things over and over again, we should think about it and it should come from our hearts, not just what we've already been saying that night. Dad was a fun teacher. I learned lots. He sang really well in Primary. Well, I didn't exactly hear him, but he's a good singer. We went to the zoo with the Beans, and we had pizza for lunch and then we played and it was really fun. That's my week. Love you. Miss you.

Elliot

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home