Easter

All three kids at Baby Animal Days petting a calf- not as cute as Grandpa's calf, though.

Audrey Elliot and Cecily, Easter Morning

Audrey and Cecily holding a baby bunny

Audrey carefully makes friends with the Hansens' new colt

Caroline and Audrey decorating eggs (that already came in three base colors, by the way....) at Grandma and Grandpa Parnell's house
Dear Grandma and Grandpa,
We went to school until Wednesday and then we got out for half and day. We went to baby animal day and we saw all the cute little animals and then we went swimming. I didn't really have any favorite animals. We went swimming with Jacob and his family and Mark's family and Mary's family. There was a mini lazy river and there was a playground and then there was this basketball court thing, but that's all there was. I didn't like it because it was too cold for me, but I thought it was okay. We stayed until five and then we went to Chuck a Rama and we ate, and I ate too much, which I always do. Then we left for Grandma and Grandpa's house. We slept over. Then we did chores and we went to a candy store and my brother helped with the new calf. My mom and my grandma were trying to get me to do stuff and I didn't want to and they told me I needed to get excited about something and then Grandma told me that I was going to the candy store and choose something for dinner at the regular store and so I said "Okay!!!! Let's Go!!!!" Because I wanted them to think that I was really actually excited. I was happy, I just didn't want to do anything. I played soccer with Elliot and my dad. And then today I went to nursery with Cecily and Cecily was not happy. We had two Easter egg hunts. TOday we had one with my dad in the room we slept in , which was the green room, and Saturday we had one with Mary and it was outside. They were both fun. I have a new Easter outfit. A green sweater with a white tank top and then a skirt that had pink and white and green on it. I thought it was cute. I wanted to wear it all week. We went to HOlly's house and we got to pet the new baby colt that they had and since we went up slowly to the colt it let us pet her. Because usually colts don't like it when you go near because it's afraid you'll hurt it. It's two or three days old. Love you.
Audrey

Elliot and Cecily painting their eggs

Elliot holding a baby bunny

Elliot helping Grandpa dehorn the new baby calf.

Momma cow wasn't very happy about it.
Dear Grandma and Grandpa,
Tuesday morning I was going down on my bike to school and like a sixth of the way down the hill I noticed my right brake wasn't working so I tried to turn on Aspen Drive and I slipped on some rocks that were loose in the concrete and I fell down and hit my hip and my knee. They were bloody and my mom had to wash them off and get little pieces of rocks out and she did it to my knee, my knee was okay, but my hip was stinging like crazy when she rubbed it. I went to school late. The bandages were like four by four. Squares. They were really big. It kept bothering me through the week but I was okay with it. We went and saw the baby animals on Friday morning. And my favorites were mostly all the animals. They were cool. But the part I liked best was when Cecily got to hold the turkey and it was cool that it let a baby hold it and she was so proud of herself and she was holding it out to me and Audrey and Mommy. There was lots of people there. That was the second day of it and it only lasts three days. I went swimming, no, WE went swimming in Bountiful and it was fun but it wasn't nearly as fun as the acquatic center. Ours has scary slides and diving boards and it has a mushroom and dumping cones. This one was maybe better for babies. I thought the most fun part of it was the lazy river. It was fun. We spent most of our time in it. And Saturday I helped with the baby cow because we had to give her medicine on her horns so that they wouldn't grow. We had to get the momma cow away and then Grandpa had to lasso the baby cow and then he had to get the momma cow out and then he tied the baby cow to the tree and made her lay down and tied her legs and put the medicine on, which, it kind of stings. It stings kind of like when you have to get your warts burned off or the icy cold stuff you have to get put on cuts if you don't want to feel pain. We also had to cut some of her hair and I don't think she was happy about that. The momma was mooing at Grandpa and me all the time. She was trying to break the gate and that stuff so she could get her baby but she couldn't. She didn't know we were just trying to help her. We had an egg hunt and Mary hid my hardest one under the dryer vent outside! It was really hard, then she hit my other two up in a tree and one was on the gate. I never thought I would find the last one. Mary gave me a clue, but I couldn't find it because I couldn't find the dryer vent. I don't know why. I played croquet with Mom and I played with red and she played with black and she won with black two times in a row and then we switched and black was the winner four times with two times me winning so we need to have a tiebreaker. Love you. MIss you. Well, maybe I don't miss Grandma and Grandpa Parnell yet. Not that much
Elliot

Cecily carefully petting a baby chicken

Cecily and one of Grandpa's giant carrots. She's also eating a popsicle because she just sat on the toilet...

Cecily watering the garden. That spot in the garden was very well watered that day.
Dear Grandma and Grandpa,
Jonah came over to play on Monday. We had a lot of fun. One Tuesday Elliot stayed home for a little while because he got two big ouchers. I was such a big helper taking care of him and very sympathetically coming over and asking him if he had ouchers, and if he needed a kiss to make them feel better. I knew I was going swimming with my cousins and kept asking if we could go yet and Mommy and Daddy kept telling me it was Friday, so I soon started telling everyone that I was going swimming with cousins Friday. On Friday morning we went to see some baby animals. I got to see a baby cow, horse, pig, sheep, goat, turkey, goose, chicken, turkey, and duck. I was so careful and so gentle. For some reason I felt I needed to whisper around them too. I was so careful and gentle and quiet. I also got a balloon. So we finally made it to Harriet's pool. It was indoors and there were some slides and some bubbley fountains and a lazy river. At first I really didn't even want to get into the water. But then I remembered that I loved it. I didn't ever really like the lazy river, but I liked splashing and going down the slides an dplaying in the bubbley fountains. I splashed Daddy and Mark and Jacob and Jonah and Harriet and Elliot and Anna and Caroline, but I wasn't supposed to splash Anna. Anna wasn't having very much fun. I was having so much fun that everyone else was tired of the water and ready to go before I was. We slept at Grandma's that night and the next morning I got to see Grandpa's baby cow. I got to feed the chickens. I watered Grandpa's peas and Grandma's flowers. I played on the slide and the swings. I even went poop on the toilet a couple of times. Grandpa had some really big carrots that he had pulled out of his garden. They were so big that I was afraid to hold them for a minute or two. We had some easter egg hunts and I played croquet with Mommy and Elliot for a while. This morning I got up and put on my new dress. I'm fascinated with the tuille underneath and try to rip it with my teeth. It doesn't make Mommy happy. After church we went to Liz's friend Holly's house because they had a brand new baby horsie. She was so cute. I don't know why everyone was insisting that she was so small. She looked pretty big to me. But I gave her mommy some hay. I was a real pill on the ride home, and everyone was very happy when I finally went to bed tonight. Happy Easter!
Cecily

1 Comments:
Audrey looks like Gwen Stefani in your Easter picture. At least the hair... We loved looking at the pictures. We would much prefer seeing you in person, but we'll take what we can get! -Liz, Ryan, and Owen
Post a Comment
<< Home