Monday, February 23, 2009

Feb

Feb 1

Dear Grandma and Grandpa
Monday I went to school.On Tuesday I missed school and went skiing.It was good but I was freezing cold and i hurt my head.I babysat and It was really fun.Wednesday I went to school. I went to piano and got a new piano piece .On Thursday I went to school. I went to go babysit and I also colored my hair.I went and babysat for a family. I was popping popcorn when the little kid had to use the bathroom,his sister needed to get pajamas on on so did he. I burnt the popcorn so bad that the house,microwave,and my clothes stunk.Friday I went to school then came home and watched Jacob and Kara's kids they went to the temple.They fell asleep at our house and there parents did not get here till almost 11:00.On Saturday I stayed home and was really lazy. Today we went to Spanish branch and our church. we opened up my dad's presents and my dad got a wii.ya.
Love you
audrey

Dear Grandma and Grandpa,

Monday I went to school. Tuesday I went skiing. We went to Beaver Mountain. It was fun. I didn't see anybody up there I knew. We skipped school because our grades were good enough. One time I lost my ski. I didn't get hurt. I got in some powder and my ski came off. That was probably my best time skiing because I kept my skis parallel when I turned. Wednesday I had piano lessons. I got new pieces. I got "Night Ride" and it's really cool. Thursday Grandpa Parnell came and we went to the restaurant "Yah Poh" with him and Emma and Grace came. I ordered the churrasco. It was like a big huge steak sandwich. I didn't like it because it had cole slaw in it. But I did like Cecily's empanada. I liked the alfajor, too, it was a cookie. All the food was from Chile. And we got to watch some Chilean TV there. Then I went down to soccer practice. Even though I'm not on the winter team, I just wanted to see them. We played soccer tennis. Because we have practice in an indoor tennis court in the winter. It was fun to see my old team. I didn't want to leave when Mom came. Friday I had basketball practice and it was pretty good, which told us we were going to have a good game. I was also a Paw Print winner. It means you've been good and your teacher gives you a paw print and then they draw out of all of those. And I've actually got picked as the weekly winner a few times this year. Saturday we had a game. They were a good team, but I think we did pretty good. We won 20-16 and we basically won it by defense in the fourth quarter. We had really good defense. I shut my guy down. He only shot two times and he missed both time. He didn't get the ball very much. Then that afternoon Dad took us down to play at the church. It was fun. Today we went to the Spanish Branch. Mom had to bear her testimony because her friend invited her up, and she said that she really liked the ward and that her and her kids could come here. I thought it was pretty cool I could understand some of the stuff that she could say. Regular church was pretty good. After church we had Dad's birthday. We did it today because he works tomorrow and then when he comes home we have a party. He opened all of his other presents and then he came to the last one and he opened it and it was a Wii. And I knew about the Wii. Me and Audrey have been saving our money to help buy it. I guess it makes me feel better to know I helped buy it. Now I might play Wii more than the computer. It was kind of hard keeping the secret. I'm surprised Ceci kept the secret. We watched the SuperBowl and I was pretty depressed that the Cardinals won, but it was a good game. Pittsburgh was supposed to be worse than last year, but actually they're better. Now I'm going to go play Wii. Love you. Miss you.

Elliot

Dear Grandma and Grandpa,

I stayed home with Mom while the kids went skiing. We read lots of stories and played games and puzzles. Jonah got to come over this week a couple of times. Once by himself, and once with his sisters. My prayers have become very long this week and it takes a lot of self-control for Audrey and Elliot not to laugh most of the time. Like when I asked that when we have a runny nose, please bless that we can blow it. Daddy showed me how to put together the dinosaur puzzle, even though it's still a little bit too hard for me. When it's all done, you can turn out the lights and the dinosaur bones glow in the dark. The first time we put it together, I called Mom in and said, "Mom, this is, like, totally awesome!" I went to the library again with Monkey. We learned about snow. We had to take the second Mulan movie back to the library. I was sad because I liked that movie. We got a dinosaur movie instead, but I don't like it as much as the other Mulan movie. I have started to watch the Stuart Little movie, though, mostly because I think the cats in the movie are so funny. We accidentally took my nametag home from preschool on Friday and I was really upset about it. I got mad at Mommy and I told her if it happens again, I'm going to get another family. So she asked whose family I was going to go to, and I answered, without a pause, that I would go and live with the Cottles (Cameron's family). Grandpa Parnell came to visit us and I showed him where his room was. I was excited that he was coming, but I really wanted Grandma to come, too. And then I didn't wake up in time to see him and I was really sad that he was already gone. I liked reading the newspaper with him (well, I colored next to him while he read the paper.) They're thinking of moving me into Paige and Baden's primary class. Paige and Baden don't like Primary yet. They're new Sunbeams. So the Primary President thinks that if two of us who like Primary now are in their class, it will make it easier for them. I'm excited because I LOVE Paigey. My friend Lily moved to Texas. She's going to come back and visit sometimes, but now I only know two girls named Lily. Today we sang Happy Birthday to Daddy and he opened his presents. I was so good- I didn't tell him he was getting a Wii. Sometimes I would ask where the Wii was, and where did Audrey hide the Wii, and when was Daddy going to open the Wii, but luckily he was never around when I wondered aloud about the Wii. I know how to play the Wii already, because Cameron has one and I've bowled with him on it before.

Love,

Cecily.

Feb 8

Dear Grandma and Grandpa
On Monday we had my dad's birthday party and it was really fun. On Tuesday me and my brother went snowboarding at our ward ski night/party. I was new and very fun. On Wednesday we went to piano lessons ,I got a new piece.On Thursday i studied for a test in geography and I got an A.100%. On Friday i went and babysat for Afi and Nacho, they have a son that is on Elliot's soccer team.There kids were really good.I sat and watched what not to wear. Then I fell asleep. I came home almost at 11:00. On Saturday we went swimming and it was really fun. We went to Elliot's basketball game.
Love you
Audrey

Dear Grandma and Grandpa,

We had a soccer party on Dad's birthday. Freddy came over first because his mom was helping us make pozole. Then my other friends came and we ate and played downstairs in the basement. We played dodgeball and foosball. They totally messed up our house. I was the best foosball player. Out of my soccer friends. I still haven't gotten even with Dad. Eric, Alex's older brother, was the best of the soccer friends. The food was good. I probably liked the bread with cheese of the guacamole best. Tuesday we had the ward ski party. I learned how to snowboard. I liked it. It was easier to learn it, but once you get good at skiing, I think skiing's easier to do. Next time I'm going to try snowboarding again. I had some good crashes. Spencer was up there, and Emma and Grace and Ted. Spencer's a pretty good skier. Ted didn't ski. Friday Mom came and taught art. And we talked about poems and about how you have to choose each word carefully. We had to make sentences out of these cut out words and it was pretty funny. I think ours was the best. It was "Enormous green slimy chairs surround Hillcrest Huskies because Mr. Ooze did not hiccup." I got to go a couple of hours early to basketball practice, and Nick got a ride, too, and for a while we were just shooting, and then we started throwing with one hand, and Austin made it first from half court, and when it was close to 7:00, I was saying "I have to make this", and six or seven tries later I swished it. I had a good game on Saturday. I got six points and that's my season high. Sunday we went to Spanish branch, as always. Brian and Chris really want us to stay for the other two hours, because Brian said, "You guys are going back to your old branch?" and I said "Yah" and he said "What's wrong with ours?" I don't want to go to six hours of church. Plus one of the hours would overlap. I've been having fun with the Wii. My favorite game is probably baseball and boxing. Boxing is easier, but I'm on a higher level on baseball.

Love,

Elliot

Dear Grandma and Grandpa,

I was so much help while Cecilia was here helping Mom to make pozole. I helped to wash the windows, and just when their hands were yucky I asked for toast, and I made them carve out a little spot on the shelf so that I could paint. I even made Mom read a couple of stories. And I was working on a couple of my puzzles and sometimes Mom had to come and help me. I finished two of them and pointed to them and told Mom, "This one is hard, but this one is soft." I was sad because Ashley didn't come to our party, but Sonia did. We played with my princess computer. I was really sad when she had to go home. Danny's mom said that she's going to bring me another little soap that she got from her spa. I loved the little soap she gave me last time. I've been having lots of fun at preschool. Mom and I stayed home and didn't go skiing. The kids didn't get home until 9, so that's a good thing. I was lucky that Dad was home on Friday. I got to hang out with him while Mom went to the school to teach art. I really like to play the Wii, but Mom won't let me do it unless one of the kids is home. They did create a Mii for me, and one for Marley, too. I'm getting better at being good to Marley. Either that or he's getting more patient with me. I don't have quite as many scratches on my arms this week. I had fun in Primary because they've moved me into Paige and Baden's class. I love being in their class. But Paige still doesn't like Primary very much, and she makes her mom hold her while she leads the singing.

Love,

Cecily

Feb 23

Dear Grandma and Grandpa,

Monday it was President's day and we had the day of school off so we went sledding with Emma and Grace. It was fun. My first time down i biffed really good but after that I got the hang of it. Tuesday I didn't really do anything.Thursday we had N.O.V.A. That stands for nurturing, opportunities, value, accountability. It was really fun. We played some games and stuff. Friday I went to basketball and it was pretty fun. Saturday I had a basketball game and we won 38-8.After that we drove down to Grandma and Grandpa Parnell's house to give our cat to them because my mom's allergic to him.So we went to church there and it was pretty fun.

Love you, miss you,
Elliot

Dear Grandma and Grandpa,

Sorry I didn't write last week. My mom has been working a lot on the stake newsletter and she's been GRUMPY. Last week when we got home from church, the house was really really hot. Elliot had stayed home from church because he was sick, and he was crying and saying that it was so hot that his head hurt. Mommy checked the thermostat and it was set to 80 degrees. So when Daddy got home, Mommy and Daddy and Audrey were standing in the kitchen trying to figure out who had turned the thermostat up, and Mommy and Daddy were getting mad at everyone. And then I ran into the hallway by the thermostat with a long stick and said, "Oh, the hot air went off" and I reached up and turned up the thermostat with the long stick. Mommy and Daddy weren't very happy, but they stopped blaming each other and everyone else. A little while later, Dad and Audrey wanted to make some chocolate chip cookies, but when they got out the chocolate chips, they were all melted. That's how hot it had been.

On Monday, Jacob and Kara came over for Family Home Evening and we played Wii. I had lots of fun at preschool. They found my namebadge. I had to use a sticker for a while, but someone found it out in the snow. It must have fallen off of me and then gotten buried by more snow. I'm doing really well at recognizing my ABCs and writing my name. I'm also learning lots of songs. My favorite lately is to sing "Who took the cookie from the cookie jar", and I like to say, "Marley took the cookie from the cookie jar", "Meow Meow?" "Yes, you", "Meow Meow Meow", "Then who?".

Speaking of Marley, we had to take him down to Grandma and Grandpa's house. He was making my mom's eyes hurt. I think the three of us kids would have voted to keep Marley and have Mom leave, but we didn't get a say. Marley's living out in the barn now with Calvin. Because Hobbes used to live with Calvin and keep him company, but then one of the cows stepped on him and he died.

I'm excited because Paige is coming over in a minute to play. I haven't played with her for a long time. Adelaide came over last week and we played so well. We got the dress-ups out and when her dad came to get her, she was really sad and her dad said if she didn't go nicely she couldn't come back.

I built a really tall snowman with Daddy and now we think it's going to tip over, because half of it is melted. I made my own little tiny snowman, too. I might be the only one, but I'm still enjoying the snow!

Love,

Cecily

March 22

Dear Grandma and Grandpa
On Monday we didn't have school so we took Emma ,Johna, and Gracie to cliff side to sled. We also had the Parnell family come and play the wii for family home evening/dinner. It was really fun.On Tuesday I went to school. On Wednesday I went to school and to young woman's . We did recipe boxes and got a new recipe to put in them. On Thursday I went to school. On Friday I went to school and then I babysat for a family in our ward. On Saturday we went to grandma and grandpa Parnell's house to give Marley away because my mom is allergic to him. Today we drove home from my grandparents house. I drove three hours from Saturday to Sunday.
Love you and miss you
Audrey

Dear Grandma and Grandpa,

Monday it was President's day and we had the day of school off so we went sledding with Emma and Grace. It was fun. My first time down i biffed really good but after that I got the hang of it. Tuesday I didn't really do anything.Thursday we had N.O.V.A. That stands for nurturing, opportunities, value, accountability. It was really fun. We played some games and stuff. Friday I went to basketball and it was pretty fun. Saturday I had a basketball game and we won 38-8.After that we drove down to Grandma and Grandpa Parnell's house to give our cat to them because my mom's allergic to him.So we went to church there and it was pretty fun.

Love you, miss you,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home