Monday, April 30, 2007

April 30



Cecily Anna and Harriet enjoy dinner.

Emma is on the front row with the pink button-up shirt and Elliot is behind her and one to the right in the white shirt.

Elliot passing out little turtles after his report.



Elliot's sea turtle poster report.

Cecily making a bridge because she needs to use the bathroom, just like Mark used to!

Dear Grandma and Grandpa,

I went to Elliot's school on Friday, because I didn't have any school because it was parent teacher conferences. And I have all As or A-s, or Ps, but P just means passing. At Elliot's school I helped two ESL students from 9:30 to 11:30. For the girl, I helped you correct her workbook. We read a story together then we played "I Spy" and say what the things were in English instead of in Spanish and she caught me a couple of things in SPanish and then I helped a boy with a test. I had to say the question and there was a blank and I helped him eliminate the choices to what it was. I was doing it for a Personal Progress thing. Then my mom came and took me to Parent Teacher Conferences. I get a treat. They were all good. My teachers didn't say anything bad about me, and even though I'm going to be missing school, I'll just make up for them. On this Thursday, we're going down to Ogden for a festival. We're being judged by a judge. We're going to have an audience and a conductor from the Utah Symphony Orchestra. Then we're going to eat lunch at the food court. I went to Elliot's program. It was really fun. They had some really cool songs that I liked. My favorite was "God Bless the USA". I was the one that was taking pictures and videos of the concert and I got to see my friend Laurie because her mom was the secretary for that day. Friday night me and my brother slept over with Emma and Gracie and I was babysitting Jonah while Kara had her bookgroup. We stayed up until a quarter to ten and I was ready to go to bed at 9 but no one else was. We watched "The Night at the Museum" and a movie about nursery rhymes. I woke up at 7 or 8 oclock- we watched TV for a while and I watched Jonah and we had a pancake with bread and I had toast with jam. And milk. THen we played for a while and were packing up and Mom didn't pack a pair of clothes for Elliot so we went back to the house and saw Dad for a minute before he went to work and then we dropped Elliot off at Austin's house and then we left. It took us a while because there was some bad traffic. We played tennis with Jacob and Mark and Kara and Mary. Then my sister and my mom came back and my sister was really ornery because she wanted my mom but my mom was driving and we got home at 11:30. We went and saw my mom's cousin Peter because he has cancer and we talked to him and we played their organ.

Love you.

Audrey

Dear Grandma and Grandpa,

We had a game THursday against Woodruff 2 and one of my best friends, Kevin's team, lost to them but they were playing dirty. And I did really good. I played hard. My favorite time was when we scored our first goal-when Ethan scored the goal. That team wasn't used to losing and they were really frustrated. They didn't really play dirty to me, but I heard a lot of bad things too from my friends. On Friday, I did my turtle report and I showed what sea turtles eat and their life cycle and things like that and I told them information that they might not have known, like the leatherback turtle can grow to be six feet long. The eggs and babies need to be protected because foxes and dogs and cats and birds and all those other animals will dig them up and eat them. People also cause trouble. They're my favorite animal and I have one in the Logan zoo. And I'm going to help baby turtles in the summer, get to the beach before those things get them. We slept over at Emma and Grace's. It was fun. We had ice cream and then we came back and watched "Night at the Museum" and then we went to sleep and then we woke up and had a really good breakfast and I played my own game that I made up. On Friday we had to dress up kind of nice because we were singing songs for the parents, Spring songs. We sang "Pattycake Pattycake". It was my favorite. And then we sang "Yes or No". And then we sang "Recess" and then we sang "Children of Many Colors" and then we sang "God Bless the USA" with the second graders. I went to Austin's house. Emma and Grace drove me there because they were going down to Grandma Parnell's house. Jacob and Kara drove me over...... When we got there, we played "Medal of Honor" and practiced soccer and then we went to the game and then we played soccer and then we played "Medal of Honor" and then we listened to his CD and then we ate dinner and then we watched "NIght at the Museum". And, just so you know, "Medal of HOnor" is a war game on Austin's playstation. Dad picked me up at 10. The game went really good. My coach was Spencer's dad. It was really fun because we beat Wilson 1, 5-0, but I didn't like him as much as a coach as my mom because he kept putting me back to defend and we kept it on their side like about 45 minutes of the game, so only like five minutes and neither one of the goalies touched it except Austin. But he put me in midfielder once. My mom lets everyone have turns, not one position all the time, unless you want to do it all the time. But my mom's back. Our record in soccer is 4-0-2, because we played 6 games. 4 wins, 0 losses, and 2 ties. Tomorrow night is going to be kind of a challenge because Kevin's team, Hillcrest 2, which our hardest game has been against them, I think, they tied Wilson 2. So it's going to be tough. Love you. MIss you.

Elliot

Dear Grandma and Grandpa,

I'm getting pretty good at pooping on the toilet. That is my big important news. I'm also getting pretty good at taking off my clothes and redressing myself with things inside-out and backwards. Paigey came to play on Thursday and we spent most of the day outside. We took turns swinging and going down the slide. We were also watching "Backyardigans" and there's one episode where there are monsters and they always get scared, and so I usually turn to someone and say "Scary!" and I turned to Paige and said "Scary!" and I scared her and she started to cry. I like taking baths again. I decided on Sunday morning that they were okay. Which is a good thing, because I am always getting sand in my hair and I am just pretty grungy after spending all day in the dirt and sand and getting popsicles all over me. I went down to Spring City with Mommy on Friday. I slept the whole way down. I got to play with Caroline and Anna and Harriet. We filled up Caroline and Anna's swimming pool and put it next to their sandbox and we had so much fun. That was after we had all gotten each other really wet with the hose because Grandpa had just come down to fix it for Mary. Then I played with Jonah and Emma and Grace too because they came. I also got to help feed the chickens and see the cows. And Ellie, Harriet's dog, came down and I had fun scolding her. I'm pretty bossy around dogs. "Ellie, be quiet!" "Ellie, no!" I wasn't happy on the car ride home. Audrey tried to make me happy but it just wasn't working. We went to see Mommy's aunt Martha and her family. I was being a perfect guest, contributing to the conversation by nodding my head and saying, "That's right" "Yah", and "Sounds pretty good." The kids think it's funny that I've started to tell them when something is funny- I say "That's really really really really funny!" Love you.

Cecily

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home